Crybaby, old habits die hard

Previously..

"Here's your first easy task, Maira." Boris mused as boys' faces got paled when they saw the view before them.

There was a dense forest expanding to miles from there. Tala stepped back to Maira and whispered in her ear "Stay careful. This forest is full of traps and some are really dangerous."

Maira nodded and gave him a 'Don't Worry about me' smile.

"So, now you all will have to reach to the other clearing of the forest." Boris said at which Katie snorted and said "Easy!"

With this heard, Boris smirked and said "Offcourse it's an easy task but there's a little twist for you all." At this Katie's smile vanished.

"You all will be blindfolded and you will be crossing the forest with your Beyblade. You should reach there with your beyblades. And yeah, there are some little traps awaiting you." Boris explained with an evil smile.

With that said, some guards came forward and blindfolded them.

A whistle could be heard for a starting signal as the bladers started rushing into the depth of the forest.

Everyone was moving forward with the help of telepathy and getting all the directions from their bitbeasts.

Katie took the lead with her partner, Achlys. Tala was just behind her with Bryan and Spencer close behind. Ian was at last but was moving faster than Maira as she hadn't started moving yet.

Boris had a dark smirk as he saw Maira standing there. 'That's going to end well.' he thought.

'Do whatever you want but I am not going to tell you the directions.' Black Dranzer said in Maira's mind.

'I never asked you to do so.' Maira said.

'Huh?' Black Dranzer was confused.

'What? If you don't care about me, then why would I care for you?' Maira said to him in mind and proceeded walking forward in a relaxed pace with Black Dranzer spinning beside her.

Boris's smirk widened at her speed.

She was walking with ease as she dodged some swinging logs easily.

Soon, she felt an air slashing sound as if a sword passed close beside her. She wasn't wrong either. A giant sword passed merely some millimetres away from her.

She smirked at which Black Dranzer questioned "Are you insane or something? You were about to die."

"So what? I am not scared of dying and don't worry about it. These traps can only slow me down but can't even touch me with my eyes closed. You should worry about yourself. Afterall, who knows you might get sliced." She said shrugging with a smirk.

Black Dranzer got a bit uncomfortable with this. Sensing this, Maira continued "You know I doubt my multitasking skills. I haven't practiced them in a while so I am not sure if I can control you finely with all my focus on dodging these traps."

Just then, a sharp blade passed Black Dranzer kinda close. "Are you out of your mind?! I would have got hurt!"

"Like I said, if you don't care, I don't care either." She said darkly. "And I am having my Stranzy, so he can back me up when you won't be there anymore."

"Y-You are not serious, are you?" Black Dranzer asked.

"Never been this serious in my whole life ever." Maira said evilly.

"Uh... Um... I-I guess I can guide you this time. Afterall you are my partner." He said at which Maira adamantly said "No thanks. Afterall you said that you are not going to help me, right? And I don't want anyone's favour at all."