Kaira?

Maira's pov...

I was fed up of getting sly looks from Free and Ryuga since the moment I told them that I will tell Kai about my feelings today..

Thank god that Brooklyn came to save me from that embarrassment and asked me to come with him.

I and Brooklyn went to the another side of the hall. We talked for a while, but there's something strange in the manner he is talking.

Soon, the most unexpected thing happened with me. He knelt down and confessed!! Are you kidding me??! My best friend just confessed his feelings to me?! I was in a great shock that even my words were unable to leave my mouth. But why the hell am I blushing??!

"I... Umm.. B-Brooklyn... I... I am sorry that you caught feelings... But I can't return them..." I said unable to think of a better way to put it.

There was a glint of sadness in his eyes and I felt my stomach twisting with guilt.

He soon concealed that little clue of sadness with his ever warm smile. He stood up and asked "So, who's the lucky guy?"

I wasn't prepared for this. I blushed crazily as Kai came to my mind at his question.

He chuckled at my reaction and asked with a raised eyebrow "Kai?"

Come on! Was that this obvious?! As soon as I heard his name, I couldn't help the smile that came on my lips. He smiled at this and asked "When are you gonna tell him?"

"Umm... I was thinking about.... Today.." I said while blushing, whispering the last part.

After that, all he did was teasing me. While talking, my gaze fell on Kai. He was walking outside. Is there anything wrong with him??

I excused myself from Brooklyn and went to him. I stopped him grabbing his hand and asked "Anything happened, Cap? You seem a bit-" but he cut me off jerking away my hand away saying "It's none of your business"

His mood seemed off already and I called him Cap, maybe this irritated him, so I tried apologising but he left abruptly..

I was heading outside to follow him when Tyson came to introduce his friends to me.

After finally getting free from them, I went outside and found Brooklyn standing there.

"Woah. Where are you rushing in such a hurry?" He asked me.

"Did you see Kai?" I asked.

"Yeah" he replied.

"So you know why he was angry? And where did he go exactly?!" I asked impatiently.

"You really think that he would tell anything to me?" He laughed my question away but continued "But he headed towards the forest."

"Thanks." Saying this, I rushed to the forest.

After walking for sometime, I found him sitting on a log.

"Kai.." I said as he turned to glance at me but again diverted his face.

"What happened?" I asked sitting on the log beside him.

"I told you, right? It's none of your business. So, just leave." He said coldly.

"Then I'll make it my business! Just can you tell me what's wrong?" I asked him.

"I don't want to. Why are you even here?" He said stubbornly.

"I... Actually wanted to... Tell you something..." I said unable to hide that small smile that appeared on my lips.

"Yeah, congrats for that. Now I would like to be alone." He said bluntly.