Chapter 20: Leaving

21 BBY - 10 Months After Geonosis

.oOo.

The small group of 327th members knew it was a bad idea to stay up all night just before they left for battle, but they decided to stay up anyway.
Aayla, Bly, Reno, Sid, and Galle had all gathered in the new chill room that Aayla had replaced one of the conference rooms with. Equipped with multiple couches, a holo-tv, and various games from across the galaxy (like Cubikahd from Mandalore) the chill room was a favorite room of many clones.

It was 01:26 (1:26 am) and everyone in the group, besides Sid, was on their third bag of Mantell Mix.

"I'm just sayin, you guys are gonna regret that when you have a heart attack." Sid laid down on a couch and put his hands behind his head as he sighed.

"Oh well." Reno said, shoving another fist-full of Mantell Mix in his mouth. "Guys, look." Reno pointed to the arm chair across from him with Galle passed out on it.

"He's tired, leave him alone." Bly scolded before Reno had the chance to prank Galle.

Comfortable silence filled the room until Reno, as brave as ever, asked a question. "Assuming we don't all die in this war, what do you want to do after it?" He stared up at the ceiling blankly.

"Who are you asking?" Sid questioned.

"Anyone. You go first, Sid."

Sid sighed and repositioned himself on the couch so that he could look at the holo-tv. "I don't know."

"Ca'mon. You can't say you've never thought about life after." Reno protested.

"Fine. Move to a little planet, find a town and be a medic there."

"Lameeeeeeee. What else?" Reno really wanted to keep hearing this idea.

"Leave him alone, Reno." Bly stepped again, for which Sid was thankful.

"Fine. I want to travel the galaxy." Reno said triumphantly, to which Sid laughed. "What's wrong with traveling?"

"Nothing. You called mine lame so now I'm just laughing at you."

"What about you, General?" Reno caught a piece of Mantell Mix in his mouth.

"I'll stay in the Jedi Order. I don't know what else I'd do." She lied.

A million things ran through Bly's head.

"Um, leave the order. Life live." Reno responded quickly.

"It's not that easy." Aayla said sadly.

"But would you do it?" Bly asked with hesitation. He was sitting on the same couch as Aayla, but on the other end.

"If I had a good enough reason." Just for a second, they locked eyes, but neither of them wanted to look away.

"I saw that." Reno said.

"Saw what?" Sid asked.

"Nothing. Just our commanding officers staring into each other's eyes." He said casually.

"We were not-" Bly protested but was cut off by Reno.

"Yeah yeah, keep telling yourself that." Reno continued in a mocking tone, "A Jedi and a clone. It will never work." Then, without a mocking tone, he kept talking. "Don't you agree they're a cute couple, Sid?"

"I agree."

Thankfully, the only light was coming from the holo-tv, so no one could see Aayla and Bly's blushing.