Chapter 43: What We've Been Waiting For

"You owe me twenty credits." Faylin said as she laced up the back of Aayla's wedding dress.  

"Why?"

"When we bought this dress on Coruscant you said you wouldn't need it. I made a bet with you saying that you and Bly would be married in two years. It has been a total of seven months. Pay up."

"Fine." Aayla laughed and gave Faylin the money.

"And your dress is laced up!" Faylin happily cheered when she finally finished lacing the many loops on the back of Aayla's dress.

.oOo.

"Are you sure that's how to tie a tie?" Reno questioned Sid as he tied Bly's tie.

"Yes, Reno."

"Fine." He threw his hands up in self defense.

"Sid, are you going to the wedding with anyone?"

"Me, myself, and I."

"I'm going with Faylin." Reno proudly announced.

"We know, Reno. It's the only thing you've talked about for weeks." Sid said. "All done, Bly."

.oOo.

Bly stood on a small wooden stage in Dhara's large back yard. Sid stood off to his side as one of his groomsmen. Faylin and Reno walked down the aisle together, with Reno going to stand behind Bly, and Faylin going to Aayla's side of the small platform.

The grand wooden and glass doors of Dhara's house opened, revealing Aayla.

Bly looked up and he could have sworn that his heart stopped beating.

Aayla walked out of Dhara's house wearing a two piece dress. The top was a gold satin fabric with embroidered red flowers. A gold metal neckline had intricate patterns that matched the golden arm bands, which had the same silk gold fabric flowing down to around her hands. The skirt had three layers, the top two with a dark red satin, and the bottom of a light red satin fabric. A middle piece came down the front that was made out of the same satin gold as her shirt. Her lekku wraps were the same gold satin with red flower beads adorning the top. Small embroidered red flowers accompanied them, finishing the ensemble. The gown and lekku straps were traditional Twi'lek garments. At the Jedi temple, Aayla had never been allowed to connect to her heritage, but she felt it was important now.

Never in her life had a twenty-foot walk felt so long. When she finally reached the small wooden stage she was overjoyed.

.oOo.

"You may now kiss the bride." Dhara, who had officiated dozens of weddings over the years, proclaimed.

Bly smiled even more than he already was as he cupped Aayla's cheek in his hand and wrapped his other around her waist. Aayla wrapped her arms around Bly's neck just as they kissed. Following tradition of the holomovies Bly had watched with the 327th, he dipped Aayla down, much to her surprise. Ayala gasped and laughed when she realized she was safe.

"Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum, Bly."

"Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum, Aayla."

Aayla and Bly walked between the two sections of chairs towards Dhara's house. Everyone was cheering and clapping for the newlywed couple. On the end of every row was a member of the 327th, saluting their now married General and Commander. As Bly and Aayla reached the back of the row, they saw two arms raise up. In the very last row was Shaak Ti and Ahsoka holding up their illuminated lightsabers, creating a bridge for Aayla and Bly to walk under.