Chapter 26: The Perfect Start Part One

The crisp morning air surrounded Aayla's lekku as she walked through the tall dewy grass. Her shirt kept her left arm warm, but her right arm sleeveless and cold. Bly's hand kept hers warm, though, as they walked on the outskirts of town, searching for a nice plot of land.

The pair walked for hours, from dawn to the middle of the day, until they found the perfect piece of land that suited both of their desires. Their new favorite place in the galaxy was tucked away in a small alcove of a mountain.

The hidden cave was vast and beautiful, with cracks in the rocks that let sun rays seep through the walls. As they reached the end of the large cave path, they could hear the sound of a small waterfall trickling into a lake. The opening in the cave and larger sun beams led Aayla and Bly into this hidden habitat.

Unlike the rest of their path, which was narrow tunnels, this alcove was enormous, with a small waterfall spouting from a crack in the rocks accompanied by a lake the size of the mess hall on the Liberty. The rocks surrounding the small lake were covered in moss and created a barrier around the multiple pools of water. The hidden alcove had a smaller alcove off to the right of the main entrance, which was covered with ivy.

Aayla and Bly carefully stepped over to the smaller alcove, which was flooding with sunlight coming from a 'window' in the mountain wall. Even though it was smaller than the main cave, the sunlit grotto was large enough for a house if it was designed well. Walking back into the main cave, the pair noticed that the entire area was lit up by beautiful sun rays, seeming as though they were desperate to get into the cave.

Trees covered in red, orange, and green leaves reached for the sky. Plants covered the ground around the lake. There was rarely a spot in the cave that was just a rock floor, as most of it was covered in soft grass or dirt.

Smaller alcoves were littered across the outskirts of the cave, some flooded with sunlight, and some darker than night. These mini alcoves seemed as though they were there to purposefully be used as a garden, an animal stable, or a place to park a speeder bike. After finding a quicker way out of the cave, Aayla turned around to face the small entrance, making Bly stop in his tracks to see what Aayla was doing.

"This is it." Aayla said, letting the ivy drapes cover the cave entrance once again.

"We're home?"

"We're home."

.oOo.

The walk back into town was short for the Jedi and clone, taking only twenty minutes. Reno and Sid were still at the hotel, helping Dhara with some chores she couldn't do because of her age. Bly and Aayla found Reno and Sid painting the lobby of the small hotel, with Dhara supervising and knitting in a chair across the room.

"Where have you two been all morning?" Dhara inquisitively asked when Aayla and Bly walked in the door. Without Dhara watching, Reno quickly spinned around and flicked Sid with paint.

"Hey!" Sid looked at Reno, then at the paint on his one civvy outfit. Dhara turned her attention back to Reno and Sid.

"Reno!"

"Yes, Dhara?" He said sheepishly. Dhara did not respond with words, but rather stared at him, letting her eyes do the talking. "Yes, ma'am."

"I wish you listened that well for the past four years." Bly said, patting Reno on the shoulder as he passed him. Reno rolled his eyes and continued painting.

After falling onto the small bed in their room, Aayla spoke up. "Bly?"

"Yes, cyar'ika?"