Chapter 42: Setting A Date

"So have you and Bly set a date for the wedding yet? You know Dhara is going to want to know soon. She's going to take charge of the food." Faylin said while chuckling.

"We have, not for another few months, though. You, Reno, and Sid will be the first ones to get invitations."

Faylin smiled, but didn't answer due to a knock on her front door.

"Did you expect company?"

"No. I have no idea who is here. Come in!" She yelled towards the door from her comfortable spot on the couch.

"Hey, Faylin. I parked- Oh, uh, um, hey, Aayla."

"Nice to see you too, Reno." Aayla responded and laughed at Reno's obvious unpreparedness.

"What's up, Reno?" Faylin asked.

"I just wanted to tell you that I parked your speeder bike in your shed. Here are the keys."

"Thanks!"

Reno plopped down next to Faylin on the couch and handed her the keys. "So what are we talking about? What's the new hot gossip?"

"Her wedding." Faylin pointed at Aayla, who was sitting in the arm chair in Faylin's living room.

"Hey, how's your hand?" Reno changed the subject and faced Faylin.

"It's okay, thanks. I could have sworn I didn't punch you that hard."

"I'm going to head back home." Aayla stood up and grabbed her small bag. "See you later, Reno."

"Bye, Aayla." Reno said.

"Are you sure?" Faylin stood up and walked over to the door.

"Yeah. You two can have some alone time. We will be talking later." She looked at Faylin and smirked.

"Aayla, its not- We had a movie night while you and Bly were gone and he borrowed my speeder to get back home in the dark. It's not what you-"

"Bye!" Aayla said in an innocent and peppy voice as she closed the door.

Faylin laughed as she sat back down next to Reno. "Thanks for bringing my speeder back."

"Thanks for letting me borrow it." Reno shot back with a smile.

.oOo.

"I have a problem." Reno changed the subject after he and Faylin had been talking for over an hour.

"How can I help?" She smiled.

"So there's a wedding I'm going to pretty soon,"

"I wonder who's wedding it is." Faylin chuckled.

"And there's this girl that I really like." Reno was fidgeting with a loose thread on the blanket that was in his lap.

Faylin's stomach simultaneously got butterflies and fell off of the highest cliff of the highest mountain on Sicemon. She had liked Reno for a while, but had only told Aayla.

"Anyways, I want to ask her to go with me. I just don't know how." He blushed, a little embarrassed.

"Right." She paused, hoping that she didn't look as devastated as she felt. "Well, what's she like? Maybe that's how you can figure out how to ask her."

"She's smart, caring, and compassionate- almost too much sometimes, but not where it's annoying. Just enough where it gives someone hope for the future of the galaxy." Reno continued playing with the loose thread. "She's tough...and resilient. It makes me think that there's definitely something about her past that she hasn't told me yet." He smiled, still looking down. "And just because of my dumb luck, she has no idea how much I like her and admire her."