2.03.1

Episode 3: prayers

"Grandma?" I asked as I walked up for my house.
She was sitting on the front pourch in a lawn chair looking out into the unmowed lawn. I wasn't expecting her to come to the OBX but here she was.

"Oh Addison. Good you're here, sit." She said patting the chair next to her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked sitting down. Grandma just shurgged, "oh I don't know. Might see my son. I haven't been down here I'm forever."
Dad had a grave somewhere in town I didn't know where it was nor did I care to go look for it.

"Where's mom at?" I asked

"Went to see your dad actually. I could have gone but I wanted to watch the sun come up and wait for you." She said smiling. Mom did spend a fair amount of time visiting dads grave, more than she'd probably admit.

I nodded and laid back against the chair watching the sun come up.

My phone buzzed and I grabbed it looking down at a text from Kie telling me to meet her at the school library.
"I gotta go alright? But I'll see you later." I said standing up.

"More murder mystery?" She asked giving me a small smile.

"Something like that."

~~~~~

"Im here. Im here." I said as I walked into the library, only earning shhhhhs from the librarians. I rolled my eyes before walking over to my friends who were crouched behind a computer.

"Finally what took you so long?" Kie asked.

"I ran. From my house to here." I huffed grabbing the paper pope was holding out to me. "What's this?" I asked

"Read it."

Dear Mr. Heyward, I am reaching out because I have material evidence that can exornerate John B. Routledge. It is of vital importance that you come and meet with me in person at my offices at 27 king street, Charleston at 8:00 pm sharp tonight. Please come alone. Regards, C. Limbery.

"Okay I don't know if anyone's said this yet but this is unbelievably sketchy." I muttered putting the paper down, "but if they can clear John Bs name..."

"Then we're going to Charleston." JJ stated.

"This person might be related to the captain of the royal merchant." Pope said pointing to the computer.

I leaned in towards the computer staring at the photos and reading the fine prints. "That's kinda... weird. Are we sure this is like a good idea?"

"We have to at least go. For John bs sake." Pope said.

~~~~~

"You know." I said squished next to JJ, "I think they're taking it really well."

"Yeah so well." Pope said Sarcastically as we watched Kie and her parents argue and yell at eachother.

"How'd you get this rig? I know your old man didn't let you have it." JJ asked as we stared intensely at the Carrera's.

"I undid the intake valves on the carburetor. Made it start pinging." Pope said.
Heyward would have popes head and all of our heads if he found out we took his truck to Charleston.

"And now you're just gonna take it to your cousin Jeff's house. Just gonna get it fixed. Crash overnight." JJ said, "I think I'm rubbing off on you pope. Lying to your old man, stealing his truck. Kinda sounds familiar."