1.05.3

𓇽

"Hey guys." I muttered as they started to stand up, I stayed seated.

"Can I talk to you all before we all go?"

John b looked at me confused. "Of course. What's up?" He asked, sitting back down.

I took a deep shaky breath and shook my hands to get my nerves out. "I know there's no secrets among pogues so that's why I'm telling you all now, I just, I just didn't want this to seem like I was complaining about something you guys go through all the time."

"What's up baby?" JJ asked, rubbing my hand.

"My mom and Chad are getting a divorce so that's why I'm moving." I said after I took a deep breath.

"I'm confused. Didn't you want them to get divorce?" Kie asked.

I let out a dry laugh and nodded. "Yeah but um we get nothing."

"What do you mean nothing?" Pope asked.

"Nothing. like me and my mom are broke and we have to move back to the cut and I have to get a job, sell my car, try to find how we're going to pay rent, buy food and keep me and my mom alive. I didn't want to tell you all because I just sound like a rich Brat who probably deserves it. Like if Topper lost everything and had to move to the cut you all would laugh at him and tell him he deserved it and how he was getting a taste of his own medicine. So I didn't bring it up but now I'm just scared and-" I took a deep shaky breath and whipped the tears from my face. "I don't know what to do."

They stayed quiet for a moment processing everything I had just said.

"Hey it's okay Addie. Change is hard. We'll figure it out. when we find the gold you and your mom can go back to the kook life." John b said.

I nodded and bit my lip trying not to cry again.

"Hey, maybe we can be neighbors." JJ said, whipping my tears with his thumb.

"Maybe." I said barely audibly.

"Is that why you've been acting weird?" Kie asked.

"Yeah. I missed our excursion because I was out looking for a job and night was me and my mom's last Kook thing even if I hated it. I guess this is society's vibe check saying I can live as both a pogue and kook."

"Well you chose the right side." Pope said, smiling.

I clapped my hands together and stood up. "Let's go get that gold."

𓇽

"All right." John b said pulling up to the spot he was going to meet Sarah.

"Hit it boys! We're goin recon mission." JJ said as pope slid open the van door.

"Yo uh so uh I think I'm gonna do this one by myself...... tonight."

Kie rolled her eyes very, very annoyed with the boy.

"Really?" JJ asked

"What?"

"Nothin brother."

"I just don't want to spook Sarah with all this."

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all." Kie said

"Kie were not involving her okay?"

"We kinda are." I said earning a glare from John b.

"It's just uh, like a business meeting... thing. Look once, we get what we need. We cut her loose all right? Plus we need the map."

"Promise me nothing will happen between you." Kie said

"Nothing happening Kie."

"I'm being serious."

"Okay!"

"This isn't about you, and this isn't about us. This is about her. Dude she's gonna get inside your head. Just promise me nothing will happen between you guys."

"I promise."

"Don't make a promise you can't keep JB." I said, leaning my head back.

"That was really believable."

"A hundred percent believable."

"Anyways um... I'm gonna take care of business." John b said getting out of the car.

"You're gonna take care of it so we'll."

"I tell you. Well just sit here, in the hot ass car. While it's lightning."

I sighed and closed my eyes. "Kie you can't hold a grudge forever."

"It's like drinking poison and thinking Sarah will die." Pope added

"Exactly." JJ said.

"I liked your outfit tonight, it was cute." I said to JJ.

"Well you'll never see me in a suit ever again so enjoy it." He muttered playing with whatever was in his hand.

"Oh come on. Not even at your wedding?" I asked

"Nope. I'll get married at the courthouse."

I rolled my eyes and smiled at the boy. "What happens if your fiancé wants a wedding?"

"Well me and you would just have to compromise and get married at the courthouse."

I smiled and blushed lightly.

"Wait guys, you hear that? Sh." Kie said.

"What is it?" I asked

I heard a faint scream "somebody help!"

"Shit." I muttered standing up holding my dress up and running out of the van.

"Sarah what happened?" Pope asked as I stood there staring down at John b.

"I don't know what to do. He needs help. Topper shoved him."

"Where the hell is he?" Jj asked angrily.

"Oh please please please get help. I don't care who. Just call someone."

"Go go!"

"Help please."

"Pope hurry!"

Tears brimmed in my eyes as I looked at my best friend on the ground being held by Sarah. Gosh I knew it hurt Kie to see him like this and even worse seeing Sarah there for him.

JJ grabbed me putting my head on the crook of his neck as if he didn't want me to see John b like that.

"JJ." I muttered.

"Shh shh it's okay."

𓇽