2.04.2

"We're going home." John b said jumping off the bike as he climbed over the railing to the boat.

"Never do that again." Kie scolded the boy for his past actions, "we thought you were dead."

"You can't kill a routledge." JJ said clasping John b on the shoulder and patted his chest.

I slowly climbed over the rail, wincing at every single movement and clenching my teeth as I jumped down to the ground.

"You know usually it's Addie doing scolding." John b said as he helped Sarah into the boat. He held out his hand to help me and I get grabbed it with my hurt side because my non hurt hand was covered in blood. I gave him a tight smile so I could grimace without him knowing.

"You are so. Quiet." He stated looking at me suspicious.

I shurgged with my unhurt shoulder. Talking hurt worse than walking, breathing hurt worse than talking. And nothing hurt more than the look on John bs face as I walked past him to the other side of the boat.
"Just taking it all in." I said as I slowly sat on the stern of the boat, and laid on my back.

"You know I expected at least a hug." He said giving me one of his cocky grins as he stood over me.
The pain was gone for a second and I gave him a warm smile. "Just tired." I said.

"Get some rest." He said smiling at me patting my shoulder making me wince, "I want that hug when you wake up though."

I nodded as he walked away. I leaned my head back and I closed my eyes. I don't think you're suppose to fall asleep when you've been shot and currently bleeding out under your jacket.
But the sonds of my friends laughing, cheering and expressing their love for John b and Sarah was enough to keep my mouth shut.
I couldn't decide if what I was doing was selfish  or not but I was content in my decision.

So as the laughs from my family filled around me, i zipped up my jacket and I fell asleep.

~~~~~~

"Hey Addie. Come on babes, wake up." JJ said his hand rubbing my cheek lightly as my eyes slowly opened. I blinked a few times to get my contacts in place, JJ soon became clear and he sent me a smile. "Hi." He said.

"Hi." I mumbled as JJ thumb rubbed over and under my eyes.

"Kie and Sarah went to get some food. So get awake." He said as I sat up. I groaned as I did from the pain of my arm but JJ just laughed thinking I was tired.

"So uh, what's up with this Kiara stuff, big guy?" John b asked pope as I stood and slowly made my way off the boat so I could sit on the edge of the dock behind pope.

"Honestly, I don't know right now man. I mean I definitely like her." Pope explained

"Sure."

"And im pretty sure she likes me."

"Seems like It."

"Right now there's a lot or conflicting information going on. Like im trying to gather all the data and put it in a folder in my mind." Pope explained causing me to smile.

"Folder." John be stated unamused.

"All right, man, look, women, all right, like they're just not consistent." JJ said causing me to scoff,

"What about women J?" I asked looking at him.

He shrugged, "well, You know, you get into these little moods-"