1.04.3

𓇽

"don't let it get in your head. Three of them and two of us. That's typical kook shit right there." JJ said.

We were at heywards shop helping him out, well we were not Jj. Kie was working at the cash register and I was bagging the items, pile giving items to people out the window.

"Hell yeah." Kie said, handing the man his change back.

"What was your thought process, using your head?" Jj asked pope.

"I don't know man. I just kinda acted off instinct, I was a cornered animal." He said.

JJ was sitting on the counter and I looked up at him smiling. "Hi."

"Hello there." He said, leaning his head down and kissing me.

"I was thinking that maybe tonight we can do what we did last night." JJ said.

"What did y'all do last night?" Pope asked.

I held back a laugh and shook my head. JJ Shrugged "nothing that concerns you pope."

Heyward walked in the shop, "Hey pope someone here to see you."

My smile fell seeing it was an officer following behind. "Evening officer." Pope said. JJ softly pushed me out of the way and stood up.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property."

Pope looked at JJ as if they knew what was going on. I hope they didn't.

"What? You can't be serious." I scoffed, crossing my arms.

"Keep your Hands on the counter where I can see em." The officer pushed past us and grabbed popes hand putting in the cuffs.

"Shoupe what did he do?" Heyward asked.

"You're arresting him?" Kie said.

"You're Just arresting my boy?"

"JJ what's happening? What did the pope do?" I asked looking up. JJ jaw clenched slightly as he stared at pope getting handcuffed.

"Be careful with him!" Kie yelled.

The officer started telling pope his rights and my eyes brimmed with tears watching one of my best friends be arrested for something I don't even know he did.

"How much did they pay you man?" JJ asked. He looked like he knew what was going on. He knew. Gosh what all happened while I was gone.

"You can't be serious!" I yelled at the officer following him out. Me, Kie and JJ all yelled at the man, JJ looking like he was gonna punch the officer.

I held my face with my hands and watched as the officer held open the door for Pope.

"It wasn't him!" JJ yelled from next to me.

My hands dropped and I looked over at JJ shocked. "It was me."

"JJ." I muttered following him while he was walking.

"He tried to talk me out of it, but I was mad because he'd just been beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes from the figure eight that I lost my shit."

I tried to walk closer but Kie held me back, giving me a confused and scared glance.

"I can't let you take the blame for something I did. You've got too much to lose."

"JJ what are you doing?" Pope growled at him.

"I'm telling the truth. For once in my goddamn life I'm gonna tell the truth. I took his old man's boat too."

"What the hell?"

"Jj come on." Pope said.

"Just shut up pope!" Jj yelled at him. "Just shut up."

My eyes were tearing up knowing that by the end of this one of my friends we're going to be held in a cell at the station.

"He's a good kid. You know where I'm from."

The officer nodded. "Yeah."

"This was all me."

"That's the whole truth?"

"Whole truth swears to god."

"I know what you think, damn it, I'm asking Pope."

Pope and JJ Stared at each other for a bit, looking like they were communicating by their expressions. I could have swore jj had a light smile on his face.

"Yeah that about covers it." Pope said. The handcuffs were taken off Pope and slapped on JJ.

"JJ." I muttered, my hand over my mouth as I watched him get pushed in the truck.

The truck drove away and I let out a sob. "What did he do Kie? What happened!" I yelled as she grabbed me and pulled me into a hug.

"Shit!" Pope yelled as he took off angrily. His dad called after him.

"Kie what did they do?"

I knew what they did to kids like JJ.

𓇽