2.10.3

I pushed myslef up from under the water, coughing and swimming over to where JJ was. "JJ! Oh my god. Oh my god." I repeated as I grabbed the boy and flipped him over so his face wasn't in the water.
My legs were working overtime to keep me and him afloat and alive.

"JJ please please wake up." I sputtered, water splashing up over my face every few seconds. My vision blury and my eyes burning as I could barley see JJs unconscious face.

"JJ! Please please. I can't hold us up muh longer." I pleaded with the boy, my head resting on the side of his trying to get close enough to hear a heartbeat.

It was my fault.
It was my fault.

If only i had been a better girlfriend. If only I would have never left your side. If only I had never been mad at you. If only I wasnt grieving. If only I loved you more.

But JJ please you have to wake up so I can tell you I love you, so I can tell you how much you mean to me. JJ maybank you mean more to me than the moon to the waves, than the pollen to the flowers. JJ Maybank you mean the most to me.
Please JJ wake up. Please wake up so I can kiss you one more time.
Please wake up so I can marry you and we can grow old together.

This isn't how our story ends JJ, it can't be.

Please JJ.

Please I'm begging you, please wake up. Please.

If only my tears on your cheeks could bring you  back like in movies. If only you could see me now showing you how much I care for you. JJ I'm in a fucking ocean for you!

God, how the tables have turned from that night what seemed like forever ago and I fell into the marsh and you jumped in right after me. I was now doing that for you. I jumped in right after you, no thought even though I can't swim. I can't swim out of the pure fear of the ocean but now I'm swimming out of the pure fear of you dying.

JJ I faced my biggest fear for you.

So you can't die. You have to wake up to tell me how proud you are of me. To tell me how lucky you are to have me. You have to take me on our first date as an official couple JJ. You have to take me to Colorado so I can get a St. Bernard. JJ you have to wake up.

"Pope!" I yelled, "Sarah help! John b! Kie! We're over here! Help!"
I yelled like I was pleading with the stars to stop shinning. I was pleading with God for your life JJ.

"John b! Please! Help!" I yelled again.

"JJ!" Pope yelled back, one of my prayers answered.

"No! No! No! No!" John b yelled as he grabbed JJ with my other friends lifting him up into the boat. "Come on come on!" Pope yelled.

As soon as JJ was out of my arms, I forgot how to swim. My head was under the water and my arms were reaching out to any of my friends. Pope grabbed them hoisting me up and pulling me into the boat. "Your okay. Your okay Addie." He said.

I laid on my back staring up at the sky coughing up all the water I swallowed.
"JJ." I gasped sitting up.

I leaned over JJ, my hands on his face as I looked for any movement. My ears were ringing and I couldn't hear my friends as the boat had started stalling.
I was only looking at you.

My first love, my first crush. "JJ please." I said my head falling to his chest, tears rolling out like dice on a Craps table. "I need you." I whimpered. I needed JJ for than oxygen itself, more than water, more than food.

"Please!" I screamed at the boy, "JJ!"

It's hard to bury your past.

That's why I could never bury you JJ. I could never go to a funeral home and pick out what type of granite I wanted for your stone, What I wanted engrave on it, Where I wanted to bury you.
I couldn't.