2.06.1

Episode 6: My Druthers

JJ stood waxing his surf board that was placed on some janky wooden table.
Kie plucked at her ukulele and pope was messing around with stuff in the shed.

"That's a lot of wax on your board. Put too much wax, it's gonna be slippery." Pope stated to JJ.

"Are you telling me how to wax my board?" JJ asked turning to look at pope in disbelief.

"No I was Just saying that's a lot of wax." Pope argued

"No no no no, you're telling me how to wax my board? Are You kidding me?"

"I'm just saying that's a colossal waste of wax."

"Guys? Really?" Kie asked stopping the boys obnoxious bickering.

A car honked causing the three to look at eachother. The noise came closer and closer until the Twinkie pulled up.

"Hold on hold on. Am I dreaming right now?

"Are you serious?"

John b hoped out of his car, "guess who's out of the clink boy!" He Hollered.

"No freaking way man!"

Kie screamed as she hugged John b and the rest of her friends joined.
"My boys out of the can!"

"Oh come on!"

"We missed you!"

"I missed you guys too." John b said pulling away.

"How'd you do it? You bust out?" JJ asked John b.

"Uh they dropped the charges." John b stated

"They dropped the charges?"

"That's phenomenal!"

"Wait you're telling me I did all that work for nothing?" JJ asked annoyed.

"Oh the most elaborate escape plan of all time?" Pope added

"Oh "foolproof." Kie added

"Yeah it was actually." JJ argued.

"Wait wheres Addie?" John b asked looking around at his friends.

JJ shook his head at the boy, "she's inside man but she's down."

"Yeah she's not coming back to her self for awhile." Pope said looking at the boy sadly.

"What happened?" John b stated.

"Ms. Welch died JB." Kie said.

John b stood in shock staring at his friends. Not only was Ms. Welch a mom to Addie, but she was a mom to everyone. When John b had no parental figures in his life, not a single adult to tell him they were proud of him, he had Ms. Welch. Always giving John b money for groceries, helping pope with his homework if he needed it, talking to Kie and JJ about their  family problems, Ms. Welch was the reason these 5 stayed alive.