"You'll always have a piece of me"

This chapter made me very happy to write. Let the ship sail, that's all I'm gonna say.

~

You jiggled the keys into your apartment door and rushed inside, Eren right behind you. He said he was fine waiting for you in the car but you insisted he came inside. You hated when people had to wait for you.

As you ran down the hall you yelled out to him. "I'll be ready in five. Make yourself at home." Eren sat on the couch and scrolled through his phone until you were ready.

You opened your closet and grabbed the first outfit that seemed decent to wear out. After slipping on the white crocheted tank top, black drawstring shorts, and white vans, you quickly made sure your hair looked somewhat acceptable and ran out your bedroom door.

Eren felt your hand grab onto the back of the couch and looked over to see you standing there, trying to catch your breath. "You could've taken your time. I don't mind waiting." Eren said as he chuckled at your staggered breathing.

"Now you tell me that?" You said as you stood up straight. "It's fine. I don't like knowing people are waiting for me." You added casually, grabbing your lanyard that had your money and keys in it. "Ready to go?"

He nodded as he stood up from the couch, following you to the door. Just as you approached the door you heard someone open another door down the hall.

"Ah, there you are." Sasha announced as she strutted over between the two of you, throwing an arm over both of your shoulders. "Did ya have fun last night? I bet you did." She wiggled her eyebrows in a playful matter.

You groaned as your hand smacked against your forehead. "Sasha, stop." Between Sasha's comment and your embarrassment Eren chuckled as he listened to the interaction between the two of you.

Sasha held her hands up defensively. "Fine, I'll stop." She backed away from you, letting you have some space. "What are you two up to today?"

"The mall. I need to get Marco a birthday present." You said with a shrug to which Sasha nodded.

She perked up as she remembered something. "Don't forget to get a white dress for Saturday. You told me to remind you."

"Shit, I totally forgot about that. Thanks." You said as you opened the door to step out. "See ya later!"

She waved goodbye to both of you as you shut the door, making your way back down to Eren's car.

"What's Saturday?" Eren asked curiously.

You looked over at him. "Graduation. Apparently they're making everyone wear white under their gowns." You informed him.

"You don't have one already? White's a pretty basic color." Eren asked.

Shaking your head no, you answered his question. "I hate wearing white. It stains too easily." You reached for the passenger side door that was now in front of you. Before you could get a grip on it Eren pushed your hand out of the way, opening the door for you.

"Well, good thing we're going shopping then." He closed the door after you got in and made his way to the driver's seat.

"Yeah, I guess." You mumbled as you clicked your seatbelt on. Eren looked at you, confused as to the sudden change in attitude.

You looked out the window to avoid his gaze. "It's all pointless, really."

"I get it." He nodded in understanding. "But at least your family will get to watch you walk, that's something." He shifted the car into drive and drive out of the parking lot.