"I wish you never introduced me to him"

I can't believe I have to explain this but I guess I have to since a lot of you guys were confused last chapter. When Eren called you his best friend he wasn't friend zoning you. I thought it was obvious but it's a term people use when spoken in a certain tone that means you're in love. You know when you're in love you call that person your best friend. If you're confused listen to You Are In Love by Taylor Swift. The second verse will explain what I was going for.

With that being said please enjoy this chapter. :)

~

Your week with Eren had come to an end. As you waved to him from your rear view mirror you couldn't help but feel an emptiness of some sort. You guessed you just got use to Eren's presence over the past few days and needed a moment to separate yourself from him.

It all ended abruptly too. Sasha texted you that morning saying how they turned the gas back on a whole day early, so you were free to go back home. Eren and you were relaxing on his couch watching the last episode of Jujitsu Kaisen when she texted you.

A part of you wanted to act like the text never existed and stay curled up in his arms, but without even thinking you informed him of it right away. Eren seemed caught off guard by your sudden eagerness to go home, but he wasn't going to force you to stay. You thanked him for everything those past few days and left.

You would've said more to him but the energy between you two had been off for those few days, ever since the night you crashed that wedding. It felt like he was almost walking on eggshells around you, making sure to watch what he did or said to you. It was all really strange, especially since you couldn't tell why.

Well, you had a feeling of what it could be but you scratched that from your brain immediately. There was no way he felt that way about you. How could he feel that way about you? The two of you promised to not allow feelings to get involved in this little situation between you two, but it seemed Eren failed to remember that.

Allowing yourself to have space from him was the best thing in your mind. You felt that if you two didn't see each other for a few days maybe things would go back to the way they use to be, how they're suppose to be. It definitely didn't help that you were going to see him the next day at the little party your friends were having. It would be difficult but you were going to make this work, you had to.

"Home sweet home." You announced as you stepped into your apartment. As soon as you entered the place you immediately went to light a candle. It was a little too stuffy in there for your liking.

Sasha ran out of her room and squeezed you tightly. "I feel like I haven't see you in forever. I missed being away from you."

You giggled in her arms. "Sasha, it's been less than a week." You pulled yourself out of her grip before smiling at her. "But I missed you too."

She clapped her hands together before lunging her body onto the couch, her legs straight up in the air. "So, tell me about your week with lover boy." She prodded.

You rolled your eyes. "It was fine." You figured maybe you shouldn't relay every little bit of information of your week together until you got your head on straight.

She cocked an eyebrow and leaned over the couch, her eyes now staring at you. "Just fine? Nothing spectacular happened? No confession or taking the next step in your relationship?" Her voice sounded like she was in shock.

"Not really." You shrugged while letting out a sigh. "Okay, there was this one thing but to be honest it's still really confusing. I'm not sure exactly what he means by-"

"Sup my favorite bitches. Guess whose back from vacation? Me, and I brought presents!" Hitch bursted through the door carrying a small bag. You knew giving her a key to your apartment was a bad idea.