"I'm really proud of you"

Sorry for the delay for this chapter. I got half way done with it and then decided I absolutely hated it so I had to start from scratch. I thought my original idea would've worked good here but I'm putting it later in the story instead.

Also I had the WORST day possible yet I still got this chapter out. Just goes to show you how much I love you guys!

Please enjoy :)

~

Ugh, why won't this thing stay on my head.

"These are so ugly. Do we really have to wear them?" You groaned while looking at yourself in the side view mirror.

"I think they're fun. How often do you get to wear these?" Sasha said without taking her eyes off the road.

You pulled the cap off your head in frustration, the tassel hitting your face in the process. "This whole thing is ridiculous. I don't even want to go."

"You're going." She spat back like she was your mom or something. "Also, years from now you'll look back at this and be glad I made you go." She explained. "I'll take my "thank you" in advance." Her hand went out to you like she was waiting for you to compliment her.

"No, I won't. I'm just glad this whole thing is over that way we can focus on having the best summer ever." You said as you crossed your arms.

"Yeah besides the fact that we have to find actual jobs now." Sasha scrunched her eyebrows as a light glare was etched on her face.

"You mean you do. I have a job already." You bragged as you puffed out your chest.

She scoffed. "At Target. Not really that impressive." You glared at her before she looked at you quickly. "I mean, yay! Congrats!" She forced out with a noticeably fake smile.

You sighed. "Look, it's just a temporary thing until I figure out what I really want to do. It'll help pay the bills for now."

She smirked before pulling into the stadium parking lot. "You could always quit and have your sugar daddy pay for everything you need." She teased.

"First off, he's not my sugar daddy. Secondly, he's not paying for anything. We're just friends. It would be weird." You scolded her before taking off your seatbelt and climbing out of the car. As soon as your feet hit the concrete you wobbled due to your heels. You quickly caught your balance and shut the door, walking towards the entrance.

"Aren't we a little early?" You asked as you noticed no one standing outside.

Sasha took out her phone, her eyes widened as she checked the time. "Shit. We're gonna be late." She took off running without you. You tried your hardest to keep up with her but it was hard in your heels.

How could she run so fast?

By the time you each sat in your assigned seats the dean walked up to the podium to begin his boring ass speech. You kinda wished you were sitting with Sasha so you two could gossip but due to your last names you weren't near her.

You slowly looked around to notice where all of your friends were sitting. Hitch, Connie, Jean (if you would even call him that at this point), were all happily grinning as they sat and listened to whatever bullshit the dean was spitting out.

Honestly you were surprised to see that Hitch was actually paying attention. Well, at least she was until she found Marlowe in the crowd, sending him a small wave as he held up his phone to take pictures. He luckily graduated the year before, so he was just here to support his girlfriend.