"You know I'll never leave you"

Between this story and my other one, this is the first time in a while that I'm writing a somewhat happy chapter. It's strange ngl.

Also, this chapter is a little longer than usual. I tried to spoil you guys with the smut since the last few chapters have been a little traumatizing.

Smut warning (ik you guys have been waiting)

~

"Shut the fucking blinds. It's bright as hell." You mumbled out, the shimmering, golden sun shining right onto your face.

Releasing a deep groan as well, Eren was kindly woken up to your griping. He would've complained if it wasn't for your soft face burying into the crook of his neck that brought the corners of his lips into a smile.

"Babe, you know I would, but I don't really think I can do that right now." He grumbled back, his eyes still closed as the arm around your frame tightened.

Blinking through your sleepy haze, you were quickly reminded of Eren's status and immediately sat up. "Shit. I'm sorry." You apologized with widened eyes, pulling back the covers to hope out and shut the curtains yourself. "I forgot you're still hurt."

It'd been a few days since the accident. The doctors wanted to keep a strict eye on him for a few days in case they missed something during his surgery. Also, since he was still on some pretty heavy pain medication, they wanted to keep him close by.

You'd stayed by his side the whole time, not leaving the hospital once since the night he was admitted. As much as Eren hated the idea of you missing work and hanging out with your friends because of him, he was extremely grateful for your company. Especially since just the thought alone of hospitals made him sick, now he'd actually been forced to stay in one for days at a time. Your presence was enough to help take his mind off of things, offering him some sort of clarity.

Chuckling while watching you scurry to shut the blinds, Eren flicked the top of the cast that wrapped around his leg. "It's fine. How could you remember? It's only been four days." He sarcastically called out with a smirk, resulting in you looking over your shoulder to glare at him.

"Wanna go unconscious again?" You playfully warned, turning around to cross your arms against your chest while glaring down at him.

Eren's eyes traveled up and down your frame. The long, white t-shirt of his being the only thing hanging off your body, forcing his mind to wander. Your long legs exposed to him as the sunlight peeked through the crack in the curtains reflecting off of them, giving your gorgeous body an illuminating glow. The cute, little messy bun sitting on top of your head as pieces fell to frame your face. As much as you looked disappointed at his remark, there was no denying you looked like an absolute goddess in his eyes.

"You're sexy when you're mad." Eren smirked, him not hiding the fact his eyes were gawking over your body. He reached out his hand in hope of you grabbing it, which you did with an eye roll.

"Don't you start with that." You giggled as he lifted your linked hands, signaling you to do a little turn for him. "You're still hurt." You reminded him after facing him again.

Eren pouted, dropping your hand. "I know." He groaned, making you giggle at him as you walked back towards your side of the tiny hospital bed. "Still, a guy can dream."

You pulled back the thin covers and climbed back in next to him. "Well, dreaming is just about all you'll be doing for a while until you've recovered, Mr. I'm gonna get in a car crash." You teased.

He scoffed, watching you get comfortable beside him. "You're really going to hold that against me?"

"Yeah I am. You're an idiot." You glanced over at him before your eyes noticed the covers not against his chest. "I love you, but you're a fucking idiot." You added lovingly as your fingers pulled the blanket closer to him, tucking him in so that he'd stay warm.