"I'm sorry I'm so broken"

Sorry for the last chapter. Apparently there were lots of tears that I didn't intend for.

Also we're finally starting to get into y/n opening up, it's just a little in this chapter but at least it's something. There's more to come I promise.

~

Tw: mentions of physical and mental abuse, mentions of eating disorder

"We need to talk." Eren muttered after taking a second to breathe. He seemed on edge, and due to his surprising arrival you figured whatever he had to say must've been urgent.

Sasha and Hitch, who were now getting up from the couch, looked at each other in shock. They quietly made their way into Sasha's room and closed the door, allowing you two to have some privacy.

You swallowed sharply while nodding. "Uh, yeah, of course. Come on in." He followed you inside before taking a seat on the couch. You reluctantly joined him and noticed he seemed a little nervous. His leg bounced subconsciously as his eyes stayed on the ground.

"So, what's so important you had to come all the way here for?" You asked before elbowing him in the arm. "You couldn't have just called me?"

His eyes slowly trailed up to yours, a look of sadness and betrayal lacking behind them. Worried for him, you grabbed his hand and brought it closer to you. "Woah, what's wrong? You seem upset."

"I am." You remained silent, waiting for him to elaborate more. "I heard what you said." He mumbled lowly. You scrunched your eyebrows in confusion as to what he was talking about. "Damn it, y/n, I heard what you said about me downstairs, what you said about us." He scoffed. "If there even is an us."

Your heart instantly dropped. How the hell did he hear that? He wasn't suppose to hear any of it. You knew as you were saying it that it wasn't true, so why was the universe punishing you? It's not like you meant it.

"Eren, I'm so sorry you heard that. If it makes you feel any better I don't mean any of it. I was just trying to get them off my case." You explained to him in panic, but he didn't seem to believe you.

He stood up, ripping your hand from his and began pacing the room. "It's not that I don't believe you, but how can I trust you? How do I know what's right and wrong with you?"

Your heart sank even more, if that was even possible. "Because I'm telling you the truth right now. This is what's right. Please, you have to trust me." You pleaded.

"God, you don't get it. It's not as simple as you think it is. You really hurt me, you know that?" Eren's frustration was increasing as his pacing sped up. All you could do was sit there and watch him, your anxiety greatening forcing you to pick at your nails.

You licked your lips before looking down at your fumbling hands. "I know we're friends and all but I don't see what the big deal is. I told you the truth so why should it still matter?"

Eren stopped in his tracks, turning his body towards you. "You didn't tell me shit. You want to keep talking about the truth when you can't even be honest with yourself." He yelled at you.

Shocked at his outburst, you leaned back slightly. "What the hell does that mean? I am being honest." You began to shout at this point as well.

He turned his head away from you and laughed in disbelief. "You're so unbelievable. You don't even want to admit it when your own fucking best friends point it out to you."

You stood up and walked towards him, feeling the need to challenge him. "What the fuck is your problem? Did you just come here to yell at me? If so you did a great job." You congratulated him in a sour tone.