"I'll always listen to you"

Here's me starting yet another chapter with an apology. Sorry but this chapter is also a pretty heavy one but at least you'll be able to see an explanation.

~

Tw: mentions of sexual assault

The walk back to Eren's was excruciating. With every step you were reminded of the pain caused to your body. Eren offered again to carry you back but you declined. He already did so much for you. Asking him to carry you was too much, you felt like didn't deserve more.

Silence lingered between the two of you as you got closer to his house. You were clouded with thoughts while somehow feeling numb, while Eren was still fuming with rage.

How could someone do that to a person, especially you? You were such a gentle spirit who always had this energy to you like you could break at any moment. At least he knew why now.

And how could he live with himself knowing he was just down the hall when it happened? He watched as you stumbled into the bathroom after insisting you were fine just for you to be harmed in the most brutal way possible. If only he hadn't listened to you and helped you into the bathroom maybe this whole thing wouldn't have happened. Maybe you would still be that bright, shinning spirit he loved, not the shadow of a broken soul.

You covered your mouth as you let out a little cough right before your hands crossed against your chest to cover yourself up as much as possible. Even though you were clothed you still felt exposed, violated even. No amount of clothing was going to change that feeling.

Once you reached the front door Eren dug out his keys and opened the door for you. "Do you want something warm to eat? It'll sober you up a bit." Eren offered after kicking off his shoes.

You remained standing still by the bottom of his steps. You shook your head a little. "I just want to take a shower. I feel disgusting." You mumbled before slowly taking off your shoes as well.

Eren nodded and walked up the stairs to his room, him starting the water in the shower to make sure it was warm for you. You sat there on the edge of the bed as he got everything situated for you. He even made sure to lay out some comfy clothes for when you were finished.

Look at me, I'm such a burden to everyone I know.

You wanted one night where you weren't reminded of your issues. One night to forget all of your problems inflicted by other people. But that's the thing, maybe you weren't suppose to forget. Some people are meant to be reminded of what's wrong with them. Maybe you were one of those people.

"I made sure the waters warm for you and I laid out a fresh towel." Eren walked back into his room and looked down at you to see your straight expression. The fact that there was no life behind your eyes scared the shit out of him.

Leaning down to level his face with yours, he gently took your hand in his. "Sweetheart, did you hear me?" He spoke so softly, like you were going to break if he put the slightest amount of effort into his voice.

Your eyes flickered up to meet his, breaking you from your thoughts. "Uh, yeah. Thanks." You mumbled before standing up off the bed.

Eren watched as you slowly made your way into the bathroom and he winced once he saw the slight limp you had. "Please yell if you need anything." He offered before you shut the door, you not responding to him.

As soon as you closed the door you swallowed hard. Even though you cried after Eren found you, you still were holding most of your emotions back. Your throat ached in pain from holding back tears. The skin against your cheek burned from where he slapped you. Your neck was bruised where he bit. You couldn't even pinpoint what hurt the most, it all blended together in your mind.