"You're my best friend"

I feel like you guys are getting a little too spoiled. The past few chapters have had way too many cute moments in them. This chapter definitely doesn't help but I promise you there will be a shift VERY soon. :)

~

"I didn't know where else to go."

Those seven simple words were all it took for Eren to reach out for your hand. "Why? What's going on?" He asked concerned, hoping it wasn't anything too serious. You dropped your bag by the front door as he pulled you into the living room, sitting you down on the couch.

You rolled your eyes. "Some idiot burned down their apartment so they're shutting the gas off to the entire building for a week."

"That sucks. Sorry you have to deal with that." Eren said sincerely. He knew how rough it was to live in an apartment sometimes.

"I tried staying at someone else's place because I didn't want to bother you again, but no one was available." You explained to him.

He gripped your hand tighter in his. "You're not a bother to me, and I told you you're welcome here whenever." He leaned down slightly so you were forced to make eye contact with him.

"Thanks." You mumbled to him with a smile. "I shouldn't be in your way too much since I work a lot this week anyway." You said casually.

"Oh, well what days are you off?" Eren asked you, hopeful that you guys would get to spend some time together.

You took out your phone to pull up your schedule. "I'm off tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday but they're turning the gas back on sometime Saturday afternoon."

His eyes lit up. "Let's do something tomorrow then, before you go back to work." You nodded happily at the thought of you spending more time with him.

Wait I'm suppose to be creating distance, this ain't it.

For once you told the voice in your head to shut up and to just enjoy your day with Eren. The two of you would only be hanging out, simple as that. Nothing crazy.

The rest of the night consisted of ordering a pizza and watching movies on Netflix. At one point Sasha texted the group chat telling everyone you were getting together Saturday night to hang out at Eren's like she promised a while ago.

You woke up the next morning to discover you slept on the couch, curled up in a ball with Eren holding you from behind so you didn't fall off the edge. Honestly you were confused how you both fit on there together but you weren't going to think that much into it.

After running towards the bathroom to get ready, you walked into the kitchen to make a light breakfast. You decided on eggs and toast since it was simple to make and you didn't feel like cooking anything crazy. Eren must've heard you because he peeked his head over the top of the couch, only his eyes up becoming visible to you.

You smiled at him while moving the eggs in the pan with a spatula. "You hungry?"

He nodded quickly before laying back down on the couch with his hands behind his head. "You're the best." You heard him mumble in his deep voice.

Spooning the eggs onto the plate with the toast, you grabbed a glass of orange juice and brought it over to him on the couch. "I know." You stated matter of factly. His eyes were closed but once he felt your presence he opened one to see you standing there with a bright smile.

He leaned up to take the plate from you before he took a bite. "Thanks." He said in between bites. You told him yesterday not to talk with his mouth full but clearly he doesn't listen to you.