Part 1

Cam is a major football fan and with the euros coming up it is all he's spoken about. He'd been begging me for so long about getting tickets to the games, every single one. With me being an influencer it would be hard for me to fit every single game in, but I agreed anyway. We haven't really been the same lately so it might help with our connection.

It is the day the line up for the England squad euro 2020 would be announced. As Cam is so passionate about football I decided to take the day off and order some pizzas for us to sit and find out together. Cam has popped out whilst I was finishing preparing the lounge room. He bursts through the door dives onto the couch, kicks his feet up and digs straight into the pizza. "Is it time, is it ready, OMG I think it's time". My thoughts *where had he even been? Not even a "hello babe" or "thank you"? What has gotten into him?* I sat on the sofa next to him as Gareth started to announce his team. He names the goalkeepers first and I click on to the name 'Jordan Pickford'. "Babe, does the name Jordan Pickford not sound weirdly familiar to you?" I say and following up was a "shhhh" " oh for god sake Tyla I missed that, I will have to rewind it now, throw me the remote". I didn't even realise the way I had just been spoken to as I was too hooked on that name. I reached for my phone and searched up on Instagram 'Jordan Pickford' I started scrolling until I seen this...

Realisation hit me as I seen that the young boy who could only have dreamed to be part of the squad had officially fulfilled his goal

Realisation hit me as I seen that the young boy who could only have dreamed to be part of the squad had officially fulfilled his goal. Memories came rushing back to me *how could I have almost forgotten about him?* my childhood  best friend who I spent almost everyday of my whole life with, until he left, was about to play in his first tournament for England! At first I felt so proud as though I wanted to give him the biggest hug and congratulate him but then it me, we were now strangers. We had been since he left when we were 15, without saying goodbye. Soon tears came flooding to my eyes as I realised he won't remember me now.I couldn't hold them in so I turn to Cam as I know I have a lot of explaining to do to see him fast asleep with not a
care in the world. I loved when he was asleep, probably because he couldn't order me around. I covered him with a fleece and took myself for a warm bubble bath.