LADY HELIANTHUS

“Everyone used to call me Goldie when I was still a toddler because I was the only angel in a long time to have every yellow color,” June said as he lifted a small strand of his fringe to proof his point, “I threw a huge tantrum about it and everyone eventually stopped.”

Seth listened to June talk about his childhood. The alcohol was making it’s effect. June had been drunk an hour ago.

June continued on an elaborated story about how he used to have long hair but eventually had to cut it short since they were hard to maintain.

“I swear, I used to stay in the shower forever just washing my hair!” June finished.

Seth chuckled quietly.

June gave him a goofy smile.

Seth preferred it when June was smiling at him instead of scowling.

[Male lead's favorability rate +5 current favorability points 25%]

“Tell me about you,” June suddenly said.

Seth’s smile dropped. “I am a demon.” He said as if that explained everything.

June just continued smiling in a goofy way as he waited for Seth to talk.

Seth sighed as he placed his glass down. As a demon he felt no guilt killing humans. In fact he felt a silent thrill in watching those mortals suffer.

Of course, he was not going to say it June.

“A demon’s life is filled with killing and nothing else. You angels have it much easier.”

June scoffed at Seth’s words.

“Mr.Seth,” June said as he bought his face near Seth's. June grinned at him. Seth noticed, the dimple that popped up at the left side of his face. How did he missed it all this time?

“As much as demon's life is not easy, angel’s also have it hard.”

“Oh?” Seth raised an eyebrow, “Tell me what hardship the sons and daughters of the god has to go through?”

“So many fucking rules,” June said. Seth threw his head back and laughed deeply.

“I understand,” Seth said, he reached out to ruffle June’s hair and marveled at how soft it was. He kept on playing with June’s hair, “we demons also have some protocols to follow.”

“The fallen angels,” June mumbled quietly, “Are the fallen angels happy down in hell?”

Seth stopped his ruffling.

“Did someone you knew fall?”

June scanned the old memories and nodded his head.

“Who?” Seth sakes in a small whisper.

“My sunflower twin, May.”

Seth was surprised when he got the new information.

“When did she fall?” he asked.

All he got was soft snores instead of answers.

Seth smiled and pushed away some hair from June’s face.

“You are full of surprises, sunflower.”

Seth picked June up placed him on his bed. After making sure he was comfortable, Seth stepped out in the balcony. The cool summer breeze carcass his face.

“Hermes.”

With a pop, a man with slicked back hair popped up. He was wearing round glasses. He had a graceful aura around him, his creaseless black suit would be an affirmation to it.

“Master,” Hermes said, with a bow.

“Search about a fallen angel named May. She used to be a sunflower angel.”

“Master if you allow me…”

“Oh? You already know about her?”

“She is Duchess Helianthus.”

Seth froze.

“What?”

Hermes nodded.

“Lady Helianthus used to be a sunflower angel before she signed a deal with a demon to save her twin's life. The deal was for her to fall from heaven.”

Seth was now really interested in the angel sleeping in his room.

“What had happened to her twin?”

Hermes hesitated and bowed.

“Nobody knows about that, master.”

“What you said is enough,” Seth said, “Make an appointment to met Lady Helianthus in a green point area.”

Green point area was a place where angels and demons met without starting a fight. Heavens were against the formation of the place in the fear that it would taint the angels but soon allowed it, when they got news about fallen angels and angels meeting in secret so they could keep an eye on them.

Hermes was curious, why his master wanted to see Lady Helianthus but he pushed them down and he bowed again.

“Yes master,” he said.

“You may go.”

Hermes vanished leaving a trail of brown smoke behind.

Seth went back inside. He stalked his way to his room and smiled at a sleeping June who had thrown his comforter away.

“You will get cold,” Seth muttered as he rearranged the comforter and laid next to June.

Seth silently admired June’s face as he slept peacefully. His chest rising and falling with each breath he took. His lips were parted slightly and was moving.

He is probably talking in his sleep, Seth thought and moved closer to listen.

“Stay away from my blueberry bushes or I swear, I will punch your dicks.”

Seth blinked before his eyes widen. He bit the lower part of his lips with his teeth so he wouldn’t laugh out loud.

Oh sunflower, he thought as he closed his eyes and prepared to sleep.

[Male lead’s favorability rate +5 current favorability rate 30%]

June threw the comforter again.

FUN FACT : Helianthus is the scientific name for sunflower. 🌻