OLD MISSION

[Host, welcome back to the Space. Do you want to go back to any mission you had failed before?]

June thought about all the missions he had failed. He was still new to the system and as a rookie employee he had made lots of mistakes.

However, there was one particular mission he had choose to fail willingly. He didn’t regret failing the mission. He had choose to fail it but it somehow left a bitter taste in his mouth as he left the world.

June took in a deep breath trying to calm his nerves. He knew the supporting actor of that world did not deserve such an ending.

And he wanted to see those dark eyes again.

“I would like to go back to Ian Wang's mission.”

[Yes, host. Collecting data of mission 4337.]

[Data collected. Host, we are entering the old world.]

June felt himself slip into a dark nothingness as Venus began to introduce the mission. He knew about already.

[Mission Reintroduction : The story takes place in a high school. The male lead of the story is Ian Wang who is a loner and he stays alone most of the time.

The female lead of the story—Alicia Tang and supporting actor has been in love with each other and are in a relationship.

The supporting actor of the story is suffering from a terminal illness known as ALS.  He has a weak body and is constantly sick. One day, when he was on leave the male lead and female lead gets paired up for a project and become acquainted.

The supporting actor gets seriously sick and is hospitalized. While the supporting actor was in hospital Alicia and Ian grow close with each other and fall in love.

Alicia meets up with the supporting actor and breaks up with him. Since they used to be childhood friends, the supporting actor always stayed by Alicia's side and supported her. Soon, his sickness grows worse and he dies.

After growing up Alicia and Ian  gets married and grow old together.]

[Host, your mission is to accumulate 100% favorability rate from either of the main character before the supporting actor dies. Good luck host.]

“…that is how we find the sum.”

June was in a classroom. He looked beside him and immediately recognized the sleeping boy.

Ian Wong.

Ian Wong had his arms over his side of the desk and was resting his head on them, sleeping. June looked at the male lead.

Last time, he had seen Ian, they were on the stage acting. And June had fainted right after their play was over.

It was that time when June realized the sickness was going to take his life anyway so, making Ian fall from him would be too cruel. He had left the mission because of that.

However, Ian had always been there in the back of his mind. Those dark opal eyes were hard to get rid of even after June busied himself in different missions.

The teacher’s lecture became a distant muffle as June continued to observed Ian.

Ian's tanned skin and unruly hair were just the same June had remembered. June continued admiring the light golden glow of the tanned skin and the way the sun rays from the window seeped through the circles of Ian’s curls.

Suddenly, Ian snapped opened his eyes and looked at June.

June's eyes widen in surprise. Those eyes were just like he remembered.