RESIGNATION

[Host, I was unable to get through the employee files but there is an employee named June Weng who has been in Heavenly Affairs. He works in the same cooperation as you are in but is department is different.] 

“So, he is bounded to Heavenly Affairs,” Ansel stated, “What department does he works in?” 

[Yes, host. June Weng works under the unrequited love department.] 

Ansel was surprised. Things like this ever happened. Souls were sent to completely different worlds and the employee of Heavenly Affairs hardly met each other in the same world. 

“Unrequited Love, huh,” Ansel said as he laid down on the bed. He wondered what must have happened in June’s real life. 

“Was there a mistake when you assigned me the  mission?” Ansel asked. 

[No host. The slot for the male lead was empty when we assigned you. Two souls getting sent to the same world is uncommon but it does happened. Do don’t panic host. I will talk with June’s system and maybe we can work out a cooperation.] 

Ansel hummed. 

He heard the door of his room open and a freshly clothed June entered the room. He was carrying a tray of herbs and bandages too. 

Ansel observed him. June was lean with freckled face and unruly blond hair. His gunmetal sliver eyes was both chilling and filled with warmth. He wondered how June looked in his really body. 

Ansel was so deep in his thinking that he didn’t even noticed that June’s finger tips were brushing lightly over his scars as he applied the herb paste. 

“Take me with you in your missions next time,” June muttered as he began to wrap the bandage around Ansel’s chest. 

Ansel's skin buzzed slightly as June’s body warmth spread around him, when June moved closer to wrap the bandage. 

“I refuse.” 

June glared at Ansel and his glare turned into confusion when Ansel was looking at him with a soft gaze. June raised his hand and traced his finger tips over Ansel’s cheek. 

Ansel leaned towards the touch and his eyes fluttered closed. 

“Why?” June asked. 

“Because you don’t know a thing about fighting,” Ansel said with a deep chuckle, “If I am busy fighting and someone attacks you, who will protect you?” 

“Well if my poor fighting skills will be the death of me so be it,” June said as he began to gather his empty bowl is herbs, “I would be easily replaced by a random girl.” 

Ansel smirked. 

“Are you jealous?” he asked. 

June glared at Ansel. 

“My dear prince, I am you servant, the purpose of my life is to serve you but if I cannot do that whistle you are away fighting a bloody fight, what is my purpose?” 

June picked his tray up and looked away from Ansel’s searching eyes. 

“I have informed the chef to sent some meals to your room, I will take my leave, your majesty.” 

June didn’t want to admit it but getting separated from Ian had a bigger impact on him than he thought. He let out a shaky breath as he closed the door behind him. He would no longer continued with his mission with ease like he used to do before. 

[Venus, please calculate my points, and tell me if it is enough for me to resign.] 

[Yes, host.] 

June quietly made his way in his office. He had sent his tray and empty bowl to a maid to clean. He settled down on the chair and took out the record books to write down his day's report. 

Just as he was writing the amount of herbs he had used for the day, June got a notification from Venus. 

That was fast, June thought, but it was not what he expected. 

Instead he raised his eyebrow at the notification's title. 

[Request for cooperation.] 

“Venus, what is this?” 

[A system named Tu'er Shen is requesting a cooperation with us< host.] 

June frowned. Was there someone else from the company too? 

“Let’s hear it.” 

[Hello, Mr.Weng,  I am Tu'er Shen, Ansel Chu's system. I have come with a request for cooperation.] 

June’s eyes widen in surprise. Ansel Chu was also a soul bound to the system? 

“Pl-please continue.” 

[My host, is under the P.M.S.A Department. We work to give the supporting actor a good ending by making them fall in love with the male lead of the story.] 

“It’s just like my job.” June remarked. 

[It is. My host, already recognized you as one of the members from the H.A. He thought the mission would be successful if you and him bought work together.] 

June pursed his lips. A mission is said to be successful only when it is sure that the two person are completely in love with each other. If they work together it would be like a cooperate marriage deal. It was not going to work. 

“I am sorry but—” 

[Host, I have calculated all of your points. Your total point is 7 billion. 30% of your points will be taken by the company and you will be left with 49 hundred billion.] 

“So ,I have enough points to retire?” June asked. 

[Yes, host.] 

“Sorry, Tu'er Shen. I have to reject the cooperation. But I am leaving this body and the original soul will come your host can continue his mission smoothly.” 

[Yes, Mr.Weng. I will inform my host.] 

June stared at his ink smeared fingers. He was going to resign from Love Crop. He can choose to go back to his old life or he can go back to Ian— 

No, he thought, I will just die again. 

Even if he went back to Ian. He won’t be able to live long with a sick body. He had to accept the fact that Ian and he will not be together. 

June sighed. 

His first love never acknowledged him. Instead Walter’s crazy girlfriend pushed him off the roof. When he goes back to his real world June decided to cut all his ties with Walter. 

His chest clenched painfully when he realized he can never be with Ian again. He ran his hand over his hair. 

“Venus, prepare a resignation letter.” 

[Yes, host.]