IN ANOTHER LIFE

Ian opened the hospital room and smiled at June who raised his head from his book.

"Hi," June said, with a smile. He closed the book and waited for Ian to settle down next to him.

"Hey," Ian  said, and took June's hand.

June titled his head at Ian and raised his eyebrow.

"I wanted to ask you something." Ian began slowly.

At June's encouraging nod, Ian took in a deep breath.

"Marry me," Ian blurted out.

Ian  winced at his own bluntness. The words that he had practiced in front of the mirror were long forgotten.

June looked at him with widen eyes. June was sure he misheard Ian. He had only a week before he will be forced out of this body, he wanted to spent all this time with Ian but what Ian said surprised him.

"What?" June hissed as he pulled away his hand from Ian's.

Ian pursed his lips as June looked into his eyes waiting for Ian to laugh and tell he was joking.

"Marry me," Ian repeated more softly.

June let out an incredulous laugh and shook his head. Dating Ian and staying in this world even after his mission was complete was already a huge thing for June. Marriage was a whole different thing! It was just another memory that would haunt both Ian and him.

"You have got to be kidding me!"

Ian shook his head.

"Jeremy is going to act as our minister and our best man and Alicia is going to be our wedding planner."

June let out a sharp breath and looked at him with wide eyes.

"What?"

Ian nodded, "We don't have much option with the venue since we are hiding it from our parents so, we will get married at the apple orchard behind your house."

June shook his head trying to say Ian was worrying about completely different things.

"Ian! We are minors!"

"Thus, this is a secret from the adults."

"I am going to die!" He exclaimed.

Ian flinched at his words.

Both of them looked at each other, the silence was pricking them. June regretted bursting out like that but he would no longer hurt Ian anymore.

However, Ian was determined to make June agree. He took a deep breath and reached out to hold June's hand again.

"I know," Ian said, he gave his hand a small squeeze. Ian looked at his wide hazelnut eyes and continued, "I know, that's why I want us to marry. I want to call you mine."

June squeezed back Ian's hand, "I don't want to hurt you anymore." He whispered, "You are already in so much pain while we are dating. What-"

Ian shook his head, stopping him.

"Please," Ian pleaded, "Give me more memories."

June sucked in a deep breath. He knew he had signed up for the pain and happiness that came with Ian and his relationship. He loved Ian and Ian loved him. That is all that matters. Death was nothing.

June nodded.

"Okay."

Ian gave June a charming smile and sat on the bed next to him.  He cupped June's face and smiled softly at him.