IS IT RIGHT?

The next day when Ian walked inside the classroom, he noticed that his seat partner had not arrived yet. He frowned.

Is he on leave again?

Ian actually had no interest in other people's life, but he couldn't understand why June would take so many days off.

They were in twelve grade and it is a very important year for them, after all they will be taking their board examination which will determine the college they can go to but from the way June skips classes, Ian wasn't sure if he will be able to learn anything in class and get a good result.

Ian settled on his seat and eyed the part of his table and looked up at the teacher's table. The class monitor was arranging some books.

Ian pressed his lips in a thin line, his hands were suddenly clammy at the sudden thought he had.

Should he ask what is wrong with his seat partner?

It's not the first time June was on leave but it was the first time Ian showed concern for his absence, after all June was all Euphel wanted to talk about over dinner, yesterday.

Although some part of him didn't want to acknowledge it but Ian had somewhat got used to June calling his name loudly and greeting him “Good morning," everyday. Although, Ian would just glare at June.

Ian hesitated, as he rubbed his clammy hands over his thighs, he don't really talk with a person first, they usually come to him.

Before, he would change his mind, he fished out his notebook which he had to submit and abruptly stood up from his chair then walked towards the teacher's table. As he got near, the class monitor raised his head from the books and gave Ian a surprise look.

"Oh, hi,” he said.

Ian  did not remembered the class monitor's name but he still spoke, "Erm, hi. I came to give my homework," he then trusted the book to him.

The class monitor took his book and placed it on the pile, Ian  stood there practicing his lines mentally.

The class monitor looked around the class, "Guys! Come on, hand over your books! I have to take it to the staff room now!" He announced.

"Cap! Five minutes!" A girl frantically shouted.

"Just a few minutes!" A boy furiously shouted and let out a frustrated scream, "Why do teacher give us so many homework?"

The class monitor rolled his eye but noticed Ian  was still there, he raised his eyebrow, "Can...I help you?" He asked.

Ian  nodded, "Yeah, I...", he trailed off, what was his seat partner's name again? Even though, he and Euphel talked about him during dinner, Ian  realised, he doesn't remember his name anymore.

It started with J and was a name of a month? Maybe. January?

Finally, Ian opened his now dry mouth, a part of him surprised and grateful the class monitor was still waiting for him to talk, "I was wondering why my desk mate is always on leave? Is...something wrong with him?"

The class monitor's eyes flickered towards, their seat, "Oh yeah, June Weng has some health issue so he  needs to frequent the hospital."

"I-I see", Ian  mumbled, so his name was June Weng,"Is it serious?", He asked.

The boy shrugged, "He doesn't like to talk about his health much so, I don't really know but from the look of things it must a little bit serious."

Ian nodded his head.

Both of them stood in an awkward silence, and Ian  suddenly panicked. He would see that the class monitor was also feeling awkward after all they hardly talk.

Should he just walk away or say "thanks" then walk away?

Just as Ian was struggling to come up with his next words, the morning bell for assembly rang and both of them got a reason to get away from each other’s company.

"Gotta go,” the class monitor said gesturing towards the pile of notebooks, "Have to take it to the staff room."

"Oh okay,” Ian said with an awkward nod.

"Oh by the way,” the class monitor said, flashing Ian a knowing smile, "My name is Trevor Lan. Just in case you forgot."

"Ian Wang", he mumbled, slightly alarmed about the boy's observation.

Trevor gave a loud laugh, "I know your name, I just thought you didn't know my name,” he patted Ian’s shoulder, which took Ian off guard but before he would snap a "don't touch me", he reminded himself, he talked with the boy first.

So, he watched Trevor picked up the pile of notebooks and walked away whistle he shouted, "Guys, I am gonna go now!"

"Ahh! I finished writing! Cap wait!", a boy shouted and rushed behind the class monitor.

🧬🧬🧬

"Venus, when is this body's death determined?" June asked as he popped a grape in his mouth.

[The information Hades Inc. has reported that the body would be deceased after ten months from now.]

June frowned. This is the body's last year. He sighed and looked out of the hospital room's window.

This morning when he was about to go to school, the sharp pain in his legs made him unable to walk at all.

His parents had immediately drove him to hospital. June let out a sigh and let his head fall on the head rest.

June had abort the mission last time because he knew the body would die meaning Ian would lose his lover in less than a year. He didn't knew what made him come back to this world.

Did I made a right decision? He wondered as he watched his pale and dainty hand.

Coming into this world just to make the person fall in love and then vanish. This time even the old soul wouldn't return to the body.

The body would just die.

Ian's eyes already looked so empty. What would happen if the first person he fell in love with left the world?8

Question after question assulted June's mind. He decided to sleep them away.

However, even in his dream those dark and alluring but empty eyes haunted him. 

Brain: I think the story is not going in the direction, I planned.

Mang : Excuse me?

Brain: What's with all the dilly dallys?

Mang : *purposefully making the story long to avoid angsty death* There are no dilly dallys.

Brain : Sure there are not. *Sees right through me*

Brain : * looks at June innocently eating a grape* kill that bitch fast. Or else I am gonna haunt you with every embarrassing memories.

Mang  :')

Does your brain hates you, too?
Mine seem to think, I am it's arch enemy.

Brain : *Shuts down in an argument*

Brain: *no where to be found during a test*

Brain: *completely silent when the teacher asks a question*

Brain : HaHA! Let's do something stupid in front of all these people4

*when someone give me compliment*

Brain: Don't say "thank you" bark instead.2

Brain : It's not "shoe" it's "zhoe" make the z nice and long.

Me: two pair of zhoes!