NEVER FORGET

It was raining.

The loud chattering against the roof was somehow pleasant to listen to. Ian buried his nose under June's hair, they tickled his nose lightly but Ian hardly cared, as he breathed the watermelon like scent from his hair.

June sighed softly and leaned closer to Ian, his back pressed against his chest.

They were sitting on the floor wrapped in a blanket as they watched the rainfall.

"I wish we would stay like this forever." Ian softly muttered, against June's hair.

June stiffened at Ian's words and turned his head to look at him.

Those wide set of hazelnut eyes still manage to knocked Ian out of hid breath. Ian was still recovering from the sudden lose of the light smell of watermelon. His chest clenched painfully as he realized the impact of his words on June.

"I am sorry," Ian said, and turned to look out of the window.

"Don't be," June quietly said.

Ian couldn't feel the amount of strength she had to pull to say those words but he knew it hurt. Those three words just paid themselves off by taking a little of time June had on this earth.

Even speaking hurt him now, Ian thought bitterly as he kept his eyes trained on the window.

Ian felt June shuffle and felt him head rest his face against the crook of his neck, " I love you,” he sighed.

Ian wrapped his arms around his thin waist and pulled June closer.

"I am scared, June." Ian muttered.

June placed his small hands on Ian's forearm and squeezed it lightly, "Of what?"

Ian hated to make him talk, with his condition getting worse, Ian knew June would have a hard time talking but he needed to tell him this. Let it off his chest so maybe June would be determined to live a little longer.

It would be a painful existence. But what could Ian do. He was  a human. Humans do twisted things to have things their way.

"I am scared that once you are gone. I will be lose my way," Ian said, his hold over June’s thin waist tightening.

"Wha-what will I do?" Ian choked out, "What...will I do once you are gone and I miss you? What am I gonna do?"3

June squeezed my forearm and let out a shaky breath. He then lifted his arms from his waist.

“Carry me to the book shelf,” June said.

“Why?” Ian asked but was already sliding his arm under June’s knees.

“I have something for you.”

Ian picked June up and took him towards the book shelf. He silently watched June ran a pale finger over a book and took it out.

“Let’s sit on the bed,” June said.

Ian carried June to the bed. After they settled down, June gave the book he was hugging against his chest to Ian.

June gave Ian a bright smile that had his heart trying to jump out of his chest.

Ian glanced at his lips.

The first thought Ian had when he met June other than he was an irritating twat was how he was able to keep his lips so pink and supple.

But now those pink lips were pale.2

The disease was taking away everything beautiful about June.

And soon it will take the most beautiful thing about him.

His existence.

"I wrote this book for you." June's weak voice cut in through Ian’s depressing thoughts.

"What?"

Ian looked at the book June had handed him. The notebook was covered with parchment paper. The edges of the book was decorated with flowers and leaves drawn with a black marker that had Ian thinking how long June had spent on making the cover itself.

"For Ian" was written in the center of the cover.

Ian held the book and looked at June, "What's this?"

"Open it," he excitedly said.

Ian opened the notebook and on the first page, in a neat handwriting was written, "Start writing a journal every day."

Ian raised my eyebrows and looked at June, "What's this?"

June causally shrugged even though his eyes were telling something else.

"It is said that it takes twenty one days to form a habit." He looked at Ian. "Once I am gone, go through this note book, I have written things you could to for the next twenty one days so you won't be sad and slowly forget about me."

Ian breathed in sharply and closed the book.

"Twenty one years would pass but I won't forget you,” Ian deadpanned.

June widen his eyes in surprise for a moment as he looked at Ian, "Dude, you will be old by then who would want to be with you?"

Ian knew that June was trying to wave off the seriousness in the air. This was him, he avoided anything that will hurt Ian the most. He just played along with him.

"I won't marry,"  Ian said, in a sincere voice.

June scoffed, "So, you are gonna be a monk or something?"

"I don't want to be bald."

"Honey, if you don't want to marry for this lifetime then you will have to be a monk, single hotties like you in the future will be chased both men and women,” June said, amusement filling his voice.

Ian shrugged, "There was no one before and it will remain that way."

June raised his arms silently telling Ian he wanted a hug. Ian willing wrapped his arms around June and hugged him tightly.

He nuzzled his nose in June's soft hair and felt the pain in his chest ease a little.

"I wonder how you could look in a monk's robe."

The silence in the bedroom broke as a light chuckle escaped Ian's lips.

"You are incorrigible," Ian mumbled, against June's head.

"But you love me!" June sang as he hugged Ian tighter.

"I do," Ian agreed, hugging June back just as tight.

June's heart felt like it would brust out of his chest. It was the only way he would die happy.

"I love you, too."