REJECTION

It was a free period and like an ideal student, June Weng was using his time wisely.

By staring at his sleeping seat partner– Ian Wang.

It only felt like yesterday when June said to Venus he wanted to quit the mission so his death wouldn’t sadden Ian, when they fall in love. The mission was too cruel for him since Ian was the same age as him before June was bound to the system.

June had always wondered why Ian looked so lonely. When June had went to Love Crop with an apology letter for failing this mission, he had checked up the soulmate list and saw that Ian and the original owner of the body were soulmates.

After that he always wondered if he did the right thing by calling off the mission. He was still unsure about coming back to the mission but somehow guilt bit him when he realized he separated two soulmates.

June thought about all the articles he read about being friends with a stranger whistle he stared hard at the sleeping boy.

Introduce yourself, hold out your hands to shake and ask about him.

Introduce yourself , hold out your hands to shake and ask about him.

Introduce yourself–

Feeling someone's gaze on him Ian snapped open his eyes and looked straight into June's.

This was the second time Ian had caught June staring at him. He felt irritation bite him hard.

"What are you looking at?" Ian sneered.

June suddenly remembered that he was going to introduce himself to him but the intensity of Ian's gaze immediately made him nervous. He did the first thing he would think of.

He loudly announced his name and held out his hand to shake but ended up poking Ian's right eye with his finger.

Oh snap! He thought as Ian let out a surprised hiss and quickly straighten up, covering his eyes with a hand.

"I am so sorry!" June hurriedly said and took out the handkerchief tucked in his pocket, "Are you alright?"

No you poked me in the eye, Ian scathingly thought.

His right eye was throbbing lightly and was watering liked an open tap. So, his left eye did the job of glaring at the boy .

Ian was sleeping peacefully when he felt someone's gaze on him again and the moment he opened his eyes, he saw a wide set of hazelnut eyes which surprised him for a moment.

Those eyes looked so warm and bright. Even the onyx iris surrounding those brown didn't looked like an endless tunnel of darkness , in fact they felt warm. Just one look into those eyes and a person who had been plunged into the coldest of water would end up feeling warm within a second if they looked into those eyes.

Ian would have just ignored the boy  but he had stared at him for too long to let it pass. And before he knew the boy had poked him in the eye.

Ian was someone who never looked at a person in the face. He simply never bothered to but as he covered his right eye and glared at the boy  with his left eye, he studied June’s face.

Junr had a porcelain skin with a round face and a button nose. His face was contracted in a worried expression as he looked at him with furrowed eyebrows and worried eyes.

Ian’s eye fell on the handkerchief he was being offered, he looked away from it and muttered , "I don't want it."

"Please use it," June urged and bought it up Ian’s nose. Ian leaned away not wanting the boy to poke his left eye too.

"It's better to use a cloth to wipe the tears away than your hand," June said.

"I said, I don't want it," Ian sighed, he really hated repeating himself, he bought his hand down and said, “You didn't poked it too hard."

June winced at Ian's red eye and weakly said, "I am really sorry."

Ian grunted in reply and was about to sleep again but June spoke again.

"By the way I am June Weng, if you forgot my name," he paused. "Again." He added.

"What do you want?" Ian snapped, even though his eyes was fine, he was feeling salty about the fact the free period was going to end and he hadn't got enough sleep.

"I just wanted to introduce myself," June said with a nervous smile, "We have been seat partner for a long time and we even had lunch together yesterday so, I thought we could..." he trailed off.

Ian raised his eyebrows, "We could what?"

Ian could say that the intensity of his sharp gaze was making the boy nervous, but he didn't really cared. He  didn't knew how to look at a person without giving off the impression of wanting to punch them in the face.

June looked down at the floor for a long time, as Ian waited.

Without looking up, June cleared his throat, "I thought we could be friends," he said in a low voice, his eye still on the floor.

Ian blinked.

Even though, he have no friends and he was absolutely a noob when it comes to making and maintaining a friendship, he thought, he knew one thing for sure.

No person would poke you in the eye and say you want to be their friend.

At the beginning of the year, when Ian came here for the first time. His classmate had been quite friendly to him. The boys would call out to him whenever they go anywhere but they soon got tired of Ian's indifferent attitude and stopped calling out to him.

Ian was a loner and he still was a loner. And he didn't wish to change that.

Ian never really saw a valid reason why a person need to have friends. He figured that if a person is smart and able, he can do anything he wants by himself and wouldn't need anyone's help.

Guess what?

He was smart and able enough to look after myself . And he was totally fine being alone.

June finally looked up. His hazel eyes burning into Ian's.

Ian was never good with words. He always gets hit in the head by his mother and sister quite often because of his sarcastic retorts. He would abandon all pleasantries and get down to business, do what he had to do and walk away.

He looked into those brown eyes for a long time. They looked hopeful.

Too hopeful.

Ian felt something move inside him uncomfortably as he turned away from those hazel eyes.

He folded his arms over the desk, ready to sleep again, even though the class would end in ten minutes.

Ian scoffed, "Who wants to be your friend?"

Please vote and show your support to this poor writer :’)