Moral of the Story 🔥 (E)

Summary: Spencer surprises Reader on their wedding. Later, it's her turn to surprise him.

Rating: Explicit (18+ ONLY)

Content Warnings: Weddings, fingering, penetrative sex, unprotected sex, breeding kink, garter removal/toss, pregnancy

——————————————————

The bustling sounds of all our closest friends and family resounded through the hall, but all I cared about was the man to my right. Spencer Reid, my soon-to-be-husband was casually explaining the most in depth explanation of the most obscure wedding tradition in Fiji to one of his coworkers.

Don't ask me how we landed on this topic. I don't know.

And I didn't care, because the way his smile lit up and his free hand maneuvered through the air as he excitedly animated his words were enough to keep me content. I loved when he was like this. Happy.

Although that familiar dullness I've seen in his conversation mates before was bleeding through, the small crowd around us let him continue. I tilted my head to the side, resting against his shoulder.

It must have been a signal to him that I was getting tired, which makes sense. I was exhausted. Planning a wedding was no joke. But it was almost here now, and I didn't want to miss a second of it.

We slowly made our way back to our seats at the table, where he pulled out my chair to help me in. A gentleman in every sense of the word, no matter how archaic the tradition.

I love this man.

I waited for him to take his seat next to me, but he remained standing. Instead, he picked up his glass, knocking the side of it with a piece of silverware to gather attention.

What was he doing? This was not on the schedule. Trust me; I had it with me.

"Excuse me everyone, I have a few words I'd like to share while we're all here together." The surprise on my face was not mirrored by the crowd, which suggested to me that whatever would follow was a collaborative secret.

"I know it might not mean much coming from me, but... I promise to keep this short." This was the first time since he started speaking that he made eye contact with me, and I felt my heart nearly stop.

"Although, (y/n), you did agree to marry me so... apparently long monologues aren't a deal breaker."

I laughed wholeheartedly, tears already beginning to gather in my eyes. "Never," I responded loud enough for others to hear.

"I guess there's no better place to start than the beginning. For those who don't know yet, I'm not exactly the most sociable person."

A couple snickers from my family broke out, and I shot a playful glare at them. "I know, right? It's shocking, really," he responded with grace.

"So, imagine my surprise when a woman walked up to me at the bookstore, handed me a book, and told me that she wanted my opinion on it. It wouldn't be fair to call her a stranger at this point. I'd been staring at her for weeks when I thought she wasn't looking." His face brushed with light pink signaled his embarrassment at the memory of the first time we met.

"I realize now she definitely saw me looking. Subtlety is apparently also not my thing, as she will attest." I nodded enthusiastically, turning to the crowd to see all eyes on us. Spencer's were flickering between mine and theirs.

"I wish I could say that I gave her a positive review but... I hated the book. Or at least, I hated the ending. I hated it so much I went to the bookstore first thing in the morning, just to realize it didn't open for another hour. Most people would have gone home at this point. I'm not most people."