The Objective & The Occult 🔥 (E)

Summary: Reader is a witch and Spencer is a scientist, can I make it any more obvious?

Rating: Explicit (18+ ONLY)

Content Warning: Penetrative sex, lots of cussing, hatefuck, protected sex, degradation

——————————————————

I had really, honestly thought I was being nice and doing a favor when I volunteered to help the FBI on a case of recent murders occurring just outside of my college campus. After all, I was doing my thesis on the exact topic of the rituals used by the serial killer currently rampaging near my hometown. It was also convenient, considering I was already a suspect, and I wanted to explain why I would know way better than to fuck with the curses this person was messing with.

However, as I was practically sprinting down the hallway to rid myself of a voice like squeaky taffy stuck in my teeth, I'd realized my mistake.

"You're completely full of shit!" I shouted, rubbing my temples as I continued to quickly walk away from Dr. Reid, who had been following me and asking questions for the past ten minutes.

At first, we seemed to get along well enough. He recognized that my STEM degrees meant we could talk about somewhat complex topics without having to explain simple concepts.

Then we got on the subject of witchcraft, and everything went to hell. That was three days ago, and he was still mad. To be fair, the first time our conversation got pretty heated. I may have called him some nasty words and threatened to curse him.

I don't know. He was rude. I didn't actually do it!

"How am I full of shit?" he barked back before following me into my room.

I immediately approached my altar, hoping to find some reprieve from the suffering he insisted on inflicting.

"You're just so... so... transparent!" I gestured to him and then turned my attention back to the objects on the table, pulling out a red candle and propping it on the holder before quickly lighting it.

"If anything, you should be lighting yellow or purple, to salvage whatever of your intelligence hasn't been corrupted at this point."

I took a deep breath before turning around, clapping my hands together and sweetly replying, "I need the red for the strength to put up with your bullshit."

Another one of his coworkers entered, thankfully distracting him for a couple of minutes while I rearranged the objects in front of me.

"Alright. I need to go check on JJ. I'll come back to get you as soon as I can. Take a look around the surrounding area if you can," the man commanded with both presence and tone, "And Reid, please, for the love of god, leave the woman alone."

I snickered as the person began to leave, but I called out to them before they could disappear. "Wait! When's his birthday?"

"Don't tell her-!"

"He's a Scorpio!" they called back.

Score.

I couldn't help but laugh, that devilish chuckle that meant I was armed with knowledge I was ready to wield.

"Of course you're a Scorpio!"

He looked perplexed, and for a second he clearly considered asking at all. But his desire to be petty won out, and he threw his hands to the side as he exclaimed, "What does that even mean?!"

"It means I know everything there is to know about you, Spencer," I offered in the most condescending tone I could muster, recalling his name from a previous conversation. He did not look enthused.