Domesticity 🔥 (E)

Summary: Reader gets worked up watching Spencer with kids. He notices.

Rating: Explicit (18+ ONLY)

Content Warnings: Breeding kink, established relationship (married), unprotected sex, pregnancy

——————————————————

When people think of my husband, a few distinct scenarios come to mind.

There was the fastidious, frantic man pacing through libraries with a book in hand and many more at his feet. The one that smelled like sickly sweetened coffee and whose hair frayed in fifty different directions. It was that Spencer — the SSA Dr. Spencer Reid — that people thought was the truest expression of himself.

But anyone who thought that was wrong. Unlucky, too. Because there was nothing more beautiful or more wholly him than the Spencer that I saw surrounded by kids in JJ's living room. With his face shifting between dozens of exaggerated expressions and his lips always spilling with laughter or something close enough. His hair was still a mess, but this time it was from the stickiness of candy still clung to the children's hands.

Uncle Spencer was, by far, the happiest version of him I'd ever seen. His happiness only increased with each new child. As the BAU playdates grew, so would his smile until it was practically stuck stretched across his cheeks.

That wasn't to say that he was unhappy when there weren't kids around. The two of us had happily enjoyed our first two years of marriage. We never ran out of ways to spend the long nights or weekends together. We were happy as could be, just the two of us.

But there was no denying that feeling that had been slowly growing below my belly button. That tickling warmth and glow each time I imagined a future where the sight in front of me was not only ever-present, but also shared with a child of our own.

"I know that look."

"Hm? What?" I jumped, shaken from my fantasizing by JJ's subtle giggle that I quickly shared. "Sorry, my mind is sort of... somewhere else."

With that simple, vague explanation, the mother at my side reached several astute conclusions very quickly. We both turned to the sounds of shrieking kids currently yanking and tossing the never-ending rainbow scarf from my husband's hands.

"Have you two talked about it?" she asked when she finally turned back to me.

Heat rushed to my face that I tried and failed to hide from the eyes of one of the BAU's most observant veterans. After a few moments, I'd also failed to come up with any believable white lie or twisted version of the truth.

Instead, I answered honestly and with a sheepish tone, "Um... I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say if he hasn't told you already."

"Good answer," she assured me with a subtle thumbs up.

But no matter how small the gesture was, it didn't go unnoticed. Fate had made sure that the second she'd done it would be the same moment Spencer glanced up at us.

It wasn't long — just long enough for me to notice him. My body immediately shook at the sensation of his eyes burning into me with an ungodly lust. Every hair stood on edge, and I only barely was able to tear myself away from him long enough to respond to JJ, who spoke again with an unavoidable fondness for the sight before us.

"He's gonna be a great dad," she said softly.

"Yeah," I sighed happily, "He is."

——————————————————