Thimble of Honey 🔥 (E)

Summary: Fantasy!AU, Fairy!Reader. Spencer falls for the fairy in his garden.

Rating: Explicit (18+ ONLY)

Content Warning: Fantasy elements, Magical!Reader, Fairy!Reader, oral sex (fem receiving), penetrative sex, unprotected sex, brief allusion to breeding kink/pregnancy, marriage mention, nickname "Princess"

—————————————————

There is a fairy that lives in my garden. Most days she frolics and flitters among the annuals and the evergreen alike, climbing wooden trellises and twining vines to find and conquer each bud, bush, and bloom.

As far as fairies go, I'm certain that many would say she was nothing special. She had a half-clipped wing and the naive, green temperament to go with it. Her eyes, bright and dewy no matter the time of day, saw through me in a way that human eyes never could. Most days she would laze about in a teacup or take a nap on my shoulder while she pretended to listen to me read.

I was at her every beck and call, entertaining every whim she had. I served her every day with a smile and a quiet, content whispering of, "As you wish, Princess."

The first time I'd called her by the crown, she was quick to correct me in that little, squeaky voice she took on when she was upset.

"Aye! You know not all us fairies are royalty, don'tcha?"

"Oh, of course not," I'd answered, "Only the most beautiful of them."

"Alright, alright. I admit it. You've got some charm in you, beansprout."

The fairy in my garden had been there all of my life. Whenever my family moved, I'd always made a point to bring her with us. It was never against her will or anything — she'd come up with the schemes herself.

When I packed up and moved across the country to start my new life all on my own, she'd insisted she come with me. It confused me, mostly because she had always told me that she didn't like change. Uprooting her from her home to travel across the country seemed like the furthest thing from maintaining normalcy.

She told me I asked too many questions. She told me to never stop asking questions, even when she didn't know the answers. Unlike the others, I believed her when she said it. I could see the enthusiasm in her everything; the way her wings would twitch, and her hair would glow every time that she saw me come around the bend. It was the collection of crystals and only the prettiest of petals that she gave me with each visit.

Sometimes, even when she had the answer to my questions, she didn't deign to share them with me.

"How do fairies reproduce?"

"Excuse me, beansprout?"

"I'm just saying, I've never seen you take an interest in any boy fairies. Can you reproduce asexually, like fungus?"

"I am not a mushroom!"

I always recalled memories of her fury with the utmost fondness. With a special kind of softness that I never could replicate with anyone else.

"Calm down, Princess," I'd say, and she would listen every time.

She was the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen, and I was just so loath to consider that she would waste away, only visible to me in my garden. When my job would start to take me away for longer hours, days, and weeks, what would she do?

Would she wait for me?

Why would she do that?

"So why haven't you fluttered off to find someone special?"