Homemade ❤️‍🩹 (PG)

Summary: Stuck in quarantine, Reader decides to make some skincare masks with their boyfriend. They talk about some heavy stuff with green faces.

Rating: PG (13+)

Content Warning: None!

——————————————————

I'd always thought that I might be a  homebody. There was something so romantic about loving the space that  you're in. So many people are trapped within walls with people they  despise, and I was lucky enough to live with my beautiful boyfriend in a  frankly adorable apartment.

But, as it turned out, there was  such a thing as too much of a good thing. And after six months trapped  within these walls, I'd reached that point. More specifically, I  realized that I had been crawling along rock bottom for at least a few  days when the most interesting thing I could think to do was to stare at  the pores of my skin in the mirror.

Yeah. Bleak. 

"Ugh!" I  shouted, dropping my head forward and definitely leaving a stupid  forehead-shaped grease spot on the mirror. I didn't care; at least it  would give me something to clean later. Anything to kill the  mind-numbing boredom of quarantine. I didn't even notice my boyfriend  poking his head around the open door, no doubt catching the perfect  glimpse of my greasy mental breakdown.

"How's it going?" he asked halfway through a laugh at my current plight.

"I  feel awful," I mumbled, turning with my head still on the mirror. But  as soon as I saw him with his arms open, I abandoned the mirror without a  second thought in favour of the much warmer embrace.

After he was able to breathe again under my death grip around his waist, Spencer coughed out a couple of words, "What's wrong?"

It was a loaded question. The answer made me sound like a brat, but it was also just the truth.

"I've  been inside this house for months, most of which were spent alone," I  mumbled, anyway, but then immediately regretted it. I could feel Spencer  awkwardly shifting under my arms, and this time it wasn't from my grip.  "Sorry, that sounded ungrateful. I know your job is important."

"It's  okay. I know it's been hard on you," he replied in that voice that told  me it wasn't really all that okay. I wondered if it was the fact that I  was complaining about his job, or the fact that what I'd said was true.  I knew he didn't like leaving me here alone, but it was necessary for  the 'greater good.' I just wanted to be the greater of the two for once.

Spencer  must have seen it on my face, because when he pushed me away, he  clapped his hands around my cheeks and pulled my lips up from their  frown. "But I'm here now. Let's do something fun."

"Like what?" I muffled through the warped face.

"I don't know, something to make you feel better."

Even  that bummed me out, because the reason I was staring at my pores  happened to be ruined plans. I forced my face forward until he let me  go, collapsing against his chest just to grumble, "I wanted to do a face  mask, but my order got delayed thanks to this stupid virus. Apparently,  it's not enough to ruin my lungs or my life, it also wants to ruin my  skin."

But then he said something — one of those things that makes you wonder.

"Why don't we make one?"

Slowly lifting my gaze to him, I narrowed my eyes and puckered my lips in a silent question.

Recognizing the strange behavior for what it was, Spencer defensively replied, "I know how to make a face mask."