Late Nights & Bar Lights 🔥 (E)

Summary: On a night out with the BAU, you ruthlessly flirt with a completely oblivious Spencer.

Rating: Explicit (18+ ONLY)

Content Warning: Alcohol, oral sex, fingering, unprotected sex

—————————————————

Of all the nights out with the BAU, nights like this were my favorite. The small local bar across the country from home was the perfect blend of professionals, college students, and regular townspeople. For just a moment, I could forget all the horrible things I'd seen in the past few days. But among the things I'd seen and the drunken crowd, there was at least one face that was never bad.

Spencer was sitting in a booth in the corner of the bar, talking excitedly to two girls who seemed mostly confused. I'm sure his rambling was not what they expected when they approached him. I couldn't blame them for their dead, deer-in-the-headlights stares, but it was a shame that they clearly didn't realize how lucky they really were to get to meet him.

Despite their obvious disinterest, the sight made me green with envy. But if they wanted to leave so badly, would it really be terrible to give them an escape route?

Deciding that I was truly being more generous than rude, I ordered two drinks and quickly slid into the booth next to him, setting a drink down in front of him with a smile.

"Is this seat taken?"

He chuckled at my admittedly cheeky question, accepting the drink as he nodded and answered, "It is now."

It took us a moment to realize the two younger girls were already on their way out of their seats. Spencer raised his hand in a brief, polite but awkward wave. He didn't seem disappointed.

"Do you think they thought I was your girlfriend?"

It wasn't meant to be as much of a joke as he seemed to think.

He chuckled, shaking his head without looking at me.

"Not a chance."

"Why not?"

He didn't have an answer immediately. I felt he wanted to speak when he turned to look at me. When his eyes actually met mine, though, he stopped. Within the swirling hazel eyes I saw so many emotions I could barely track them all. I blamed the alcohol rather than poor profiling skills.

"It's nothing," was what he settled on.

For once, I accepted his false answer. I had other things on the mind.

"Can I ask you a question?" My voice had shifted dramatically as I tried to bring back the momentum a man and a woman should have while sharing one side of a booth together in a bar late at night.

"Sure... but I'm a little nervous you prefaced it with that one."

A valid concern.

"Does it help ease your nerves that a man just asked me it at the bar?"

That was what finally made him laugh.

"Absolutely not," he said, "that makes it much worse. Thanks for that."

"He asked me, 'What would you ask me right now, if you knew my answer would be yes?'"

Spencer just stared at me with a cocked eyebrow in response, the cogs turning silently in his mind as he worked out the different ways I could have responded. I was worried he might have forgotten I was asking him, too.