Truce 🔥 (E)

Summary: Spencer doesn't like his new boss.

Rating: Explicit (18+ ONLY)

Content Warning: Hatefuck, restraints (handcuffs), cockwarming, shows of force,rough sex, boss/subordinate, degradation, unprotected sex, semi-public sex.
Potentially triggering for those sensitive to dub-con, but both are consenting.

——————————————————

The Bureau was so much calmer at night. While there were a few brave souls burning the midnight oil, the space was remarkably bare. Everyone who remained had tucked into some seemingly safe crevice, hiding away from judgmental eyes that might hold them accountable for taking too long to finish whatever project lay before them.

I suppose that in a way, that's what I was doing, too.

One might think it was inappropriate to consider a person a project, but I wasn't sure how else to classify the enigmatic Dr. Reid. Although I tried to give everyone I met the benefit of the doubt, it was hard to ignore the hostility he exuded. It wasn't anything violent or unmanageable— but it was there. Ever-present and demanding to be noticed.

I didn't blame him. It was my understanding that I had replaced a woman he had worked with for over a decade, and the brief interactions I saw between them showed an obvious affection for one another.

It wasn't my fault Agent Prentiss left. Spencer knew that, too, but it was probably easier to blame her absence on me. It was a shame, really, that he clung to that grudge like it would bring her back. Because truth be told, I quite liked the doctor. Then again, perhaps that animosity was precisely what drew me to him.

Regardless, it played a part in the decision that led me to the empty office beside mine. I was surprised to find him there, certain that he would have run straight home after such an exhausting case. But I guess I understood his restlessness. This moment had been a long time in the making.

"I'm glad that you like it," I called from the door, finally earning enough of his attention to see the way his eyes glowed amber in the weak yellow lights. "You've been here too long not to have your own office."

It was indisputable. I didn't know of any agent that had been there as long as him who hadn't moved into an office by this point. While I liked to assume that it was by choice, his excitement over the opportunity betrayed his words.

"I don't mind being in the bullpen. An office creates more opportunities for secrets."

"Is that what you think? I'm full of secrets that I'm hiding from you?" I asked, hoping to meet that elusive energy. When it came to my hands, though, I kept them to myself. Barely. I crossed them over my chest, but I wasn't sure if I wanted him to follow them or not. If he did, it would be further proof that his aloofness was a facade. But if he didn't, it marked him as a challenge to be won.

Unsurprisingly, his eyes stayed locked with mine, even when I stalked forward. He maintained that relentless intensity regardless of how much I breached his personal space. Even when I could feel the warmth radiating off him and feel his breath against my face. I leaned forward, breaking eye contact so that I could whisper in his ear, "I'm assuming that you also think that's the only reason I've given you this office. To... persuade you to keep them?"

"I hope not," he droned back, bored and bitter, "My loyalty can't be bought."

Doubtful.

"It's not just money, Spencer," I purred, unable to stop my hand from reaching out to the man who would normally flinch at the notion. But he didn't, standing steadfast while I slid the silk of his tie between my fingers.