Lost Time ❤️‍🔥 (E)

Summary: Reader and Spencer spend their mandatory leave taking the Spring Break Spencer never got to have.

Rating: Explicit (18+ ONLY)

Content Warning: Mutual pining, dub con (sexual assault – reader victim w/ non-canon character), self-hatred, penetrative sex, unprotected sex

——————————————————

It was that time of year again. The BAU was taking its annual leave. The two weeks, which almost never actually lasted two weeks, where the office would be empty. For most of the team, the time was a blessing; their days would be spent with significant others or family, friends, or fame.

Not me, though. For me, it meant two weeks away from the only friends I really had. The days would be spent in the park playing chess or at cafes, lazing around and counting the seconds until I could stop pretending like I had anything else to do. I didn't mind it that much, really. I was used to being alone, and it wasn't like it would be forever. If it had been another year with another team, I might have even looked forward to the time off.

But it was hard to be happy about it that year. It was impossible, really, to look forward to days where I wouldn't see her. Especially knowing that she would probably be spending the two weeks having the time of her life with her absolute piece of shit boyfriend.

I couldn't explain that to her, though. I couldn't give away just how lonely I was or just how much I absolutely hated that horrible asshole. So, when she caught my elevator on her way out of the building, I asked the question I already knew the answer to. At least I wouldn't have to wonder.

"So... what are you going to do on your time off? Do you have plans with your boyfriend?"

(Y/n) looked at me with an expression I could only describe as utterly bewildered. For a second I thought I must've said something wrong, but then the thought came to her with a jolt.

"Oh! No, we..." she trailed off, her voice getting significantly softer and sadder, though she tried to hide it with a laugh. "We broke up, actually. Like two weeks ago."

Don't look happy. Don't look relieved.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You didn't say anything to me about it."

With a gentle jab of her elbow into my side, she teased, "Aren't you supposed to be a profiler or something?"

I'm such an asshole.

There was no avoiding the butterflies in my chest and the way my shoulders straightened from the news. The fact she'd touched me made it even worse, and my entire body practically swayed to chase after her.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Please say no. He doesn't deserve our time.

"Nah. It doesn't matter," she mumbled with a shrug. It gave me some hope that she'd maybe finally listened to my, granted, vague advice about her abysmal taste in men.

That hope only lasted a matter of seconds before it was crushed.

"He was probably too good for me anyway."

"I don't think that was it." The bitterness laced through my words so powerfully it stained my tongue. I regretted it only to the extent that it hurt her, but that hurt seemed fleeting and minimal compared to the way a smile eventually bloomed over her cheeks.

It looked a little too sad for my taste. Still beautiful, though.

I wanted to watch her hand as it started to stir, but I couldn't take my eyes off her smile for even a second. Even as she pressed her palm to my cheek, I only barely strayed to look into her eyes.