Three's Company ☁️ (M)

Summary: PolyAm Ralvez/Reader. Spencer and Reader need to ask Luke a question, but they can't act normal whenever he's around.

Rating: Mature (16+)

Content Warning: Allusions to oral sex (both fem/male receiving), heavy petting

——————————————————

I had a job to do. A terribly important job with unbelievably high stakes. The kind of task that very well might change my entire life. However, at the moment, my day job was getting in the way of it.

As it turns out, serial killers don't actually give a shit about my need to ask out my coworker. Again.

Not the same coworker, mind you. If it were, that would make this significantly easier. After all, I already knew that Spencer liked me; we'd been dating for almost a year now. Not to mention the fact he's horribly transparent.

This new guy, however, was much less predictable.

Maybe it was the fact he always seemed genuinely interested in what someone was saying, even when it seemed impossible. Maybe it's the way his smile grows too slowly and too wide to ever be faked well enough to fool me. Maybe it was just wishful thinking.

All I knew was that Luke Alvez was exactly the man we'd been waiting for.

He was the first man to catch my eye since meeting Spencer, and I knew that the feeling was shared by my boyfriend. It had happened exactly like it does in all the movies — time slowed down and the sun behaved differently in his company. Shining brighter to bring out the honey gold in his skin and the rich color of his eyes. And we were helpless to it, caught in the shadow with slackened jaws and desire for something far beyond the physical.

Spencer and I are a practical couple. We knew that the odds of him being interested in either of us, let alone both of us at the same time, were low. But what was the harm in trying, right?

Wrong. There was so much potential harm. So many terrifying, traumatic possibilities for what would happen. What would happen if he didn't like us? Or worse yet, he only liked one of us? Spencer's heart would ache from that kind of rejection, and mine would be irrevocably shattered. We could destroy the dynamic of the entire team. We could lose a friend. Heaven forbid we devolve enough to lose each other.

But it was equally impossible to pretend like what we felt wasn't there. To look Luke in the eyes every day with hearts and wishes in our own and pray that he doesn't notice. We were all profilers, after all. He would eventually figure it out.

That was why Spencer tasked me with this mission. To suss out whether our dreams were just that, dreams, or whether we actually had a chance.

An easy task in theory.

In theory.

"I know that look."

Speak of the devil. The devil that I had apparently been unintentionally staring at for at least thirty seconds.

"Hm? What look? I-I didn't do a look," I stammered in the least convincing way possible. Luke didn't mind, though. It didn't stop him from approaching me with a basket of hidden goodies that I barely noticed until he placed it on the kitchenette counter beside me.

"You got something on your mind?" he asked, brilliantly deducing that I was, in fact, lying. Which I continued to do for the sake of my own wounded pride.

"No. Nothing. It's just... empty up there."

"Right..." he said quietly and with a chuckle I almost had the nerve to be offended by. But it became clear to me when I turned to face him that he'd really just become distracted by the mystery he'd arrived with. And despite my notorious need to know everything and my love for secrets, Luke managed to lift the towel on top of the basket without letting me see what was below it. I pouted when he snuck a hidden hand inside, until finally, he relented.