ONESHOT| Grown (2BDamned)

Facing his laptop, he was focused on work. The sound of keys tapping echoed in the somewhat lit room. A knock on his office door was heard.

"Hey uh Dad, there are some agents about to raid the base. Should I take them out? You seem busy." Your head peeked from the door.

"Oh uh Yes! Thank you Y/n" He replied, his attention unmoving from the screen.

It was thoughtful of you to do that for him. To do chores for him when Doc's so busy. 
Wait... do chores? Take them out? How old are you? Oh, wait that's right... you've grown.

You've grown...

That passed in Doc's mind. His typing stopped. You've grown? It felt like it was not long ago that you were little...

His field of vision went above the laptop screen and was met by the first drawing you made for him.

It was simple, it was just little you and him drawn together. Poorly drawn, but it was cute.
He then looked at the door where just a while ago you were there.

Oh how he remembers just how you barge into his office without knocking and bother him. Bother him because you were hungry, you were sleepy, you were bored, and so many other reasons.

Bother him huh? It wouldn't really be  "bothering" if he spared some time for you. 

Time for you...

Oh my... no wonder it felt that you grew up so fast. Because he never had time with you. 

Shame on him

He felt shame on himself. All those times, where he could have played with you, he only chose to spend it on work. Those times you asked for a hug or cradle, he denied it. The majority of the time you were affectionate, he was cold. 

He was scared of getting attached that he missed so many opportunities with you. He ignored you... He could have-

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Dad the job's done!"

You yelled from the other side of the door. Followed by your footsteps fading.

Doc wants to make up for the times he missed, but he can't just suddenly come into your life. That will appear clingy...and creepy. He thought he'll just do small steps. Starting from now.

Sighing, he lifted off the chair and went out, greeted by you sitting, trying to bandage yourself.

You were bloody, blood not from yours but from the agents. Damn, Doc should have known that Hank would somehow influence you.

"Dear let me help" He took a seat next to you, taking the bandage from your hands and doing the job himself.

"Didn't think that Hank would teach you to be aggressive. I thought you'll be more strategic...like me."

"Strategic is boring dad"You scoffed with a smile. "I want some action."

"Well, I don't like it when you get wounded." He cut the rest of the unneeded bandage and then secured the end. 

"I'm not a little kid. I can handle wounds."

"Y/n. Doesn't matter how old you get. You'll always be my little kid."

You stared at him, since when did he get so.....heartwarming? 

"Be more careful next time. I don't want to deal with another Hank.... or Deimos .....or Sanford. There's already 3 of them, I don't want you to add up"

He stood up and walked back to his office.

"Actually, next time there is another break-in, I'll do it with you and show you how to do it properly." Doc opened his office door and then closed it again after finishing his statement.

Wow...He actually found a reason to spend time with you without making it look suspicious.