ONESHOT| Jelly (Sanford)

Sanford stood, he stared and watched as he sliced vegetables for supper. You're playing tag with Deimos. You would laugh whenever Deimos would get close, and he would jokingly slow down as you run away with those short legs.

Sanford was mad. No....that's not the right word. Annoyed? No not that either. He's just in a bad mood.

Because when they got home today, Sanford knelt down with open arms as soon as he entered. You waddled fast towards the entrance, only to run past him and greet Deimos instead, hugging him. "Uncle Deimos!"

And from the past days, you spent more time with Deimos than him.

Now that he thinks of it. You seem closer to Deimos than you are to him. You? Closer to uncle than dad? Doesn't seem right.

Oh wait, it's because Deimos spoils you.

But that's unfair! Sanford cooks for you, cradles you, reads you bedtime stories, bought you a pet, showed you so, soooooo much love to you. It's like his actions went unnoticed. And what did Deimos ever do? Play with you. Give you things. That's it! It's all he did and how is he closertoyouitdoesn'tmakesensehahiqoueahdbaflahsihlaHAsHSjsgAHaf-

Sanford almost cut himself due to the wondering in his head. He regained focus on the task, but seconds later it shifted to you and Deimos playing. Fortunately for Deimos, his tea shades were saving him from the piercing gaze that would shoot straight in the head if it could. 

The playing soon then stopped. You approached Sanford and tugged his pants.

"Papa I want to help you cook!"

His mood lightened a bit

"Of course Y/n"

He took a stool for you to stand on.

"I want to help too 'Ford." Deimos followed to the kitchen.

"No."

Ooooooooohhh boy. The bad mood was SO clear in his voice. Deimos immediately knew what's the cause of it. You also noticed the sudden aura change but didn't know any better.

"Oooooooh-Y/n. Papa's jelly." The smoker smirked

Jelly?

Did you and Deimos get so close that you made your own language?

"Y/n your dad is being a meanie because he's jelly. Don't you want to cook with me too?"He said in a quite childish tone. Attempting to get more reactions from the big guy. Teasing him.

"No. I only cook with Papa."

With that, Sanford's bad mood dissipated.

 "And he cooks better"

That earned you a chuckle from your dad, which he tried to stop by coughing it away.

Deimos was kinda disappointed that he didn't get the outcome he wanted. The outcome where Sanford gets even more jealous and he gets to tease him even more. But your love for Papa Sanford avoided that.

Additionally, Deimos was offended. I mean yeah, it's true, he isn't a good cook. But for you to say that? Straightforward with no thought and remorse. After how close you two are? The audacity! Can't be mad at you though, it's true either way. 

"You're a meanie too" Deimos pinched your cheek playfully.

"Nywuehh-" You tried to swat his hand away from your face.

Deimos retreated and left to his room chuckling.

"So.. jelly, what does that mean Y/n?" Sanford placed your tiny apron on you.

"Uh... when you're angry thaaaaat.."

You trailed off, attempting to complete your sentence with the right words.

" someone own the thing you want aaand... you don't have it and you want it."

Oh
It meant jealous. 

"Did you really need the kid to explain to you?" Deimos shouted with amusement from the hallway.

COOKING WITH SANFORD MONTAGE

"Papa is this what you need?"

You and Sanford are cooking fried rice and Chinese-style fried chicken

You and Sanford are cooking fried rice and Chinese-style fried chicken. He has asked you to prepare the soy.

"You need help with measurements?"
"No.! I can do this"

"Papa say ahhhhh~"

"Papa say ahhhhh~"

(Enjoy!)