ONESHOT| Rogue(Jebus)

He stopped caring. He quit his job. And that just left more of Jeb's time for you. But that plentiful amount of time means nothing because of the madness. 

Since the day he quit, he has been home with you. Instead of spending his precious time to bond with you though, he is always on guard making sure no Zeds evade your home, staying alert that the improbability drive does not affect your home and possibly put you in danger. 

Days went on like that, almost sleepless in fact. But that's okay for Jebus, as while he is spectating the house, he knows that you're safe. What's the point of you being safe though? Is it really okay for him?  If he can't even be with you properly, see you properly. See you smile, see you laugh, see and help you grow. He doesn't think he has tucked you in bed without having to rush outside. He has to look out constantly while playing with you. That is getting tiring. This routine is a waste of life. The madness must end.

"Y/n, Do you know what to do?" He was knelt down to your level.

"Mhm-mm" You nodded.

"Tell me what you need to do."

"Wake up at 9
Fix my bed
Eat breakfast
Lunch at 12
Dinner at 6
Before going to bed, fix and clean everything.
Brush my teeth
Take a bath.
Sleep at 9"

"And you will do that?"

"Everyday..."

"Until?"

"You come back Papa..."

 "Very good." Jeb hugged you and kissed your forehead. He was about to stand up but you just clung to him tighter, staying in the hug.

His heart sunk

"I'll be back as fast as I can." Standing up he pats your head and leaves.

Silence.

You stood there looking at the door.

Jebus barricaded the whole house. The windows are blocked, and the doors are secure in a way that it can only be opened from the inside, and that only he can open it from the outside. He has filled the pantry with non-perishable goods in labeled Tupperware containers. Labeled like "[Date x. Breakfast], [Date x.Lunch, [Date x.Dinner.], [Date.y.Breakfast]., and so on.". Everything you need and want was prepared, well...except for  Jeb.

A week has passed.

He said he'll be back as fast as he can. Did he abandon you? No, you can't think like that. And he will not do that. You know he won't. He showed he cares, and you can absolutely see that. It's right in front of your eyes. The pantry is still full, there's still water, nothing has broken into the house yet.  So much effort was done just for your safety. 

You have assured yourself that he will come back. But the worry caused by the waiting lingered in your head.

Crayon in hand, you drew something. A little "Welcome back!" gift for Jeb. How adorable. Just one corner of the paper had to be colored.
The surroundings became white. You heard nothing but ringing. You couldn't move. Fortunately, seconds later, you felt control of your limbs. You were laying down and begun to blindly stand up. The place felt warm, and the smell changed, it was smoky. Vision fading from white to clear. The house was no more. Only fresh burnt ruins. A white beam struck again, barely hitting you by a few meters. The explosion sending you in the air, harshly landing on the ground.

You know this place is no longer safe for you. So you ran. Another white beam went down. Then another, and another. A lot went down like rainfall. Each of them missing you, but at the same time, almost hitting you.

"Papa where are you?" You went on as fast as you can. A beam went bashed just behind you.

"Papa..." You swear another 2 had appeared again but you had no time to look back.

"Come back now please."

"Please...."Tears swelled in your eyes. 

"PLEASE!"

The chaos stopped. Echoing are the sounds of other beams from a far distance. Landing on your knees, you panted. Heart beating fast, it could be felt on your whole body.

"Papa...."

"Where are you?"

Reality bent like crazy. You walked for the rest of the day, but the distance you covered was far more than what little kid could walk in a day. It's like one step was the equivalent of a hundred. Did you teleport with each step? You don't know. It gave you a headache. But, that anomaly finally stopped.

Few more minutes passed and you walked upon grounds with cracks on them. Cracks leaking some black fluid. You continued walking, and the cracks become more and more frequent, and so did the black substance. You froze.  The scene was too much for a child to take in. A child shouldn't even be seeing it. But you looked at it anyway, checking if any of it was your dad's. Corpses? Are they alive? Anyways, they're submerged in black liquid, skeleton laying amongst the rest. A black figure was walking away from it. Who else would it be than the Auditor?

Hold on, that thing on his head. A red halo.

A halo? Your dad has a halo. 

Your dad has a halo
The figure has a halo too.

Dad hasn't come back.

Deduce what had happened.

Shaking in place, tears flowed to your cheeks, dripping off your chin. That black shadow, you slowly walked right behind. Your lightweight made your footsteps soft, inaudible perhaps. Picking up a discarded gun from the bodies along the way, your finger instantly went on the trigger.

No one taught you how to use a gun, but you've seen dad shoot. That's how you know.

He still hasn't noticed you. Pointing the gun at him, you did not hesitate. Bullet going through his neck, he fell forward, the halo falling on the floor and rolling to your feet. You picked it up, it was warm in your hands. 

"This belongs to Papa" Your voice cracked. Tears were still going and it won't stop. The Auditor looked behind. Did he seriously got shot by a kid? He looked at you in frustration but the expression disappeared seeing that you held the keystone fragment.

"Where is Papa?"

He can't be dead. You didn't want to believe that.

"W-Where is he?" He didn't answer.

Unable to accept the truth, your hands shook and loosened in shock and dejection. The halo naturally slipping out of your hands and onto your head. It naturally looked for the closest compatible user, and it was you.

"WHERE IS HE?"

He's dead.
ᴬ ᴿᵉᵈ ᵍˡᵒʷ ᶠᵘᵐᵉᵈ.

You'll have to accept it
ₑᵥₑₙ ₜₕₑ ₘₒᵤₙₜₐᵢₙₛ ₜᵣₑₘbₗₑd.

But you can't