ONESHOT| Helper (Hotdog Vendor)

Let's call him Frank.

It was just another day at work. Well, for him it was another day but if it were someone else it would have been horrific. Mopping the floor, blood seeped into the individual strands of cloth. On a good day, Frank would just be at the hotdog stand or clean one room, but today he has to clean the whole damned facility. He can't complain though, he signed up for this.

Minding his own business, he heard the door open, just a couple of employees passing by to another room. Frank would've ignored that if he didn't see a small pair of feet step in the corner of his vision. To confirm what he saw his eyes shifted from the floor to the workers. A child handcuffed, gun pointed to the head

"Excuse me" Frank interrupted the pair of Engineers before they could enter the other room.

"What's with the kid?" He really shouldn't be talking so casually to these higher ranks. His tone showing friendliness and nervousness. 

"Defective clone, transferred for experimentation."

Unethical experimentation is common in this Agency but to a child? That not only crosses the line but parkours beyond it. What if this kid gets the same as scrapeface? 

"Is it urgent? Extremely necessary?"

"W-well, I was thinking I need an....an assistant. I'm the only contractor here so maybe a helper would be convenient. I can put them to good use. " The man with the apron continued his statement.

The Engineers stayed in position.

"We will consider your suggestion. We are in no need for subjects at the moment."

An internal sigh of relief was done.

"We will temporarily confine Clone 80821 for protocol purposes." And then they left

He can relax a bit for now. Throughout his shift all he can think was you. What can he do to make your fate better? He has something in mind.

"Come in" Rich sat on his desk while signing some papers.

"Oh hey Frank what you need?" He placed the papers aside first.

"Got this for you." Frank placed a hotdog and soda on the table.

"Thanks. You feel off, I can sense it."

"There's this defective clone."

"Another hot tea you heard from the employees?" Rich took a sip from the cup.

"N-no! It's a...child"

The hardest worker of Nevada stopped his eating.

"Can I ask you to approve my suggestion to make them work with me? Instead of an experiment?" Frank fiddled with the apron's ties behind.

"Of course. I can do that easily. Though it will take time for it to be approved because-"

"I'll repay you"

"No nono, You don't have to bro. They'll start working tomorrow aight? And your shift already shouldn't you be home?"

Frank smiled brightly, holding back a hug attack.

Rich was right, it will take time for the request to be approved. Rich agreed to it, but then the Auditor has to sign to agree too. Considering that their boss is piled with work all the time, the request must be at the bottom of the priority list. Frank was still thankful though.

Whilst waiting for your freedom, you were kept locked in a cell. The hotdog vendor would reason out to the guards that he'll be cleaning in order to see you. On the first day, you were hesitant to interact when Frank first appeared. On the second day, he bought you a hotdog. The third day came and he let you borrow a toy. Every day, for 10 minutes, he would give you a snack, a new toy to play with, and keep you company. The routine repeated until the request was finally signed by the Auditor.

You held Frank's hand as you headed out to the breakroom. Arriving there, there was a corner with counters where you assumed he cooks hotdogs. 

Proceeding behind the counters. Frank pulled out a stool for you to stand on. Searching into the cabinets, he pulled out a small apron in your favorite color. He really did listen to you during those days in the cell.

Frank had to make you work, he doesn't want to but he might get screwed because they agreed for an extra worker, not an adoption

He lets you do the simple tasks, filling cups of soda, and placing the hotdogs in the trays together with the sauces. Cooking, and the rest will be for him to do. When it comes to cleaning, he will never, NEVER, lets you clean anything that has blood on it. In no way, are you seeing a massacre.

When you get tired or sleepy, he would let you rest. You either nap on a chair with your head on the table or.... (because you love Hotdog Vendad very much) you snuggle on him as he carries you in a baby carrier.  Yep, he carries you while he does his work. 

It's a cute and heartwarming sight for the Agency workers

It's a cute and heartwarming sight for the Agency workers. Sometimes when they have a bad day at work your cute little voice greeting them or asking them what they'll order lightens the mood.

When you get older, Frank doesn't want you to just keep working, he wants you to have a childhood and be educated. Working with the Agency is an option he will not let you choose. He wants you to have better than that. 

(Might add another drawing here.)