11. PAST

the security alarms on jungkooks floor were blaring high.

it was hoseok and yoongi who came tumbling out of the elevator, the only two people besides seokjin who are allowed to be on the floor, alerted by the security features going off.

everything else seemed to be intact, except for the bedroom, to where hoseok proceeded with hands on his gun.

the only thing that could be heard now over the low beep of alarm was taehyungs high pitched whimpers and whines.

hoseok and yoongi could see taehyungs bare legs on the floor, the rest obscurred by the bed.

"taehyung-ssi are you alright?" yoongi tentatively asked, but they didn't get any response.

both the beta and alpha however didn't dare set foot inside the bedroom which was practically with a mixture of jungkooks and taehyungs scents- because stepping inside wont be very respectful especially with having their boss's omega in distress, so vulnerable inside.

it was the fear too- you never know what people with power will find offensive.
their mild distaste can end with one losing their head.

so they just guarded outside after giving a call to jungkook about the situation and waited by the elevator.

after about an hour, when taehyungs whimpers have quited down to slow sobs, jungkooks boots clacked over, crunching the glass pieces on the floor as he stopped right by the omegas curled up form on the floor.

taehyung looked like an angel fallen into the ruins of the world, like a swan floating in debris after a flood, so misplaced, like he never belonged there.

"i just left for an hour and you're already throwing tantrums here, pup?" jungkook tutted, crouching down to look over the omega, disapprovingly looking at the small cuts and scratches on taehyungs otherwise flawless legs.

at the sound of the alpha, taehyung opened his red rimmed eyes, puffy cheeks flat against the cold floor as he gazed up,
" 'm not pregnant-" his voice was a whisper as he quivered, eyes unsettled and already a fever running that had the omega taking in pained breaths.

everything felt hazy, the bad type it is, when your vision blurs away and leave you scared and defenseless.

jungkook cooed at it.

"alpha can breed you as many times you want, pup. you dont have to be so--" he looked over the partially destroyed room "-- troublesome about it".
"alpha is very much disappointed" jungkook rumbled picking away some of the bed stuffing that was caught on the omegas hair and taehyung curled in, scared.

"call the doctor, hobi" hoseok standing by the door scrambled away, already typing away on his phone at jungkooks command.

jungkook then picked up taehyung, the omega fighting in his hold, but the alpha effortlessly placed him on the not destroyed part of the bed, where taehyung curled up again.

as the alphas hands grazed taehyungs face blazing with temperature, the omega unconsciously nuzzled to it, lulled by the coldness of the said hand that offered a temporary relief,

"h-hurts so bad"
taehyungs hoarse voice whispered, hot breath faning against the rough hand.

"what hurts, pup?" the alpha asked, but there was no answer except for the continued laboured breaths.

what hurts?

such an ironic question to be asked.

was it the physical pain?
the scratches or the fever?