27. OPPOSITES

"can i come to work with you?"

the first day taehyung asked the question, the shattered door was still hanging by a few bolts in the room, a sore reminder of the things that had happened last night.

"for what?"

"its so lonely here."

but there was no luck.
jungkook had gone to work as usual with taehyung still alone in the lonesome floor.

he tried the second day and a third day, but he only got angry sneers in response.

but this morning, the omega was indeed going out- just not with jungkook.
he apparently had an appointment with the doctor today and jungkook had made it clear last night that he wont be accompanying since he's got things to do.

taehyung was told to get ready at sharp 10 am.

currently it was 9 and he was already in his attire; a black, white and red checkered shirt that loosely hang on his lithe frame as well as simple black pants.

his blonde hair was in a mess of artistic curls on top of his head and he worried his red stained lips as he gazed at the clock every other minute, a little excited bounce on his legs at the prospect of getting to go out and watch the outside world.

true to the words, at the correct time a bodyguard came to pick up taehyung. he was a tall man, not korean it seems, he was so stoic, it was robotic the way he walked beside taehyung.

taehyung let out a happy sigh when he was out of the grand doors of the jeon mansion, the unhindered sunlight warming up his skin and fresh breeze like a welcomed melody to his mind.

soon he was guided into a sleek black SUV, the bodyguard getting on the front and in seconds the driver started the car.
taehyung wasn't allowed to roll down the window because of some security reasons, nevertheless he watched the busy seoul streets with the same childish wonder through the tinted glass.

at the hospital, taehyungs appointment was early booked. so he wont have to wait much.

so as the bodyguard stood outside the hospital, taehyung went in- fidgeting with his sleeves to keep down his anxiety that came with being in public after so long.

if this was the case a few months ago, taehyung would've bolted out and escaped. but now he knows there is no escape from the jeons. there is only so much he could run.

just as he gave his name at the reception, the person behind the counter suddenly seemed to get rather nicer towards him; it probably has something to do with his surname being "jeon" he guesses. only god knows where all jeons money runs- be it clubs or private hospitals.

then taehyung made himself comfortable on the seat when he was assured that he can go in next when the patient inside comes out. he earnestly thanked them and waited.

he continued his fidgeting, eyes on his lap, occasionally glancing at the pediatric section on the opposite side where either kids were crying their lungs out or gleefully running around with their toys.

when his name was called he went inside, the doctor- a middle aged beta woman welcomed him with a kind smile.
then there were the usual talks about his well being, his weight was measured, the doctor giving an approving nod seeing it had increased.
then she assured taehyung into another room to do the scanning.

as a nurse got the equipment ready and the doctor asked him to lay down on the bed with his shirt lifted up; taehyung was apprehensive.

he was alone, vulnerable, his stomach is something his omega instincts seems to heavily guard,
and exposing it even in the absence of his alpha, his omega was nervous.