68. PREY

- ever thought why storms are named after people? -

taehyung remained numb after the tears were done shedding.

honestly the omega doesn't know why he cried anymore. sure he doesn't care about jungkook enough to grieve.

if you ask him, taehyung will say he did feel saddened- like that one time jimin saw a bird with one leg and ended up crying all night- that kinda type of sadness.

but everytime he looks at his pups, he cant help but feel gloomy, remembering the last one month jungkook desperately tried to spend every moment with them.

in that gloomy bubble, taehyung didn't really pay much thought when his phone ringed with an unknown number and he attended the call.

"hello, taehyung." the voice had taehyung freezing on his tracks.

"--hyung-nim?" he tentatively asked.

"none of that now-- just call me jin hyung" the voice said cheery.

taehyung was in a stupor. who the fuck talks like this hours after their only brother died?

"'m sorry about jungkook--" the omega hesitated.

"ha! about that. he is not dead"

"What?!"

"its complicated. thats why i need a help from you--"

"No!" taehyung immediately said.

"dont say like that! didn't he sacrificed a lot to help you on your labor!"

"he was the one who knocked me up!" taehyung retaliated, furious.

"but still. isn't he the father of your pups?" seokjins voice reminded, accusing.

"so?" taehyung bites back.

seokjin sighs.

"okay i know he's a little shit. but please-- we need your help before he gets killed" seokjins voice was borderline pleading.

-again, ever thought why storms are named after people?-

jungkook could hear the pitter patter of water droplets, like the water falling from a height forming a puddle, probably the result of a leaky ceiling.

its freezing; jungkook doesn't know if its from the blood loss or from the external rain, but everything is really cold; his fingers are numb were they are bound to the sides of the bed and lips cracking blue.

"you're awake?"

"open your eyes, alpha"

"i have a surprise for you"

the female voice circled around him, it infuriatingly familiar and the alpha opened his eyes to glare despite his throbbing head.

seeing the attention on her, she leans back on the rusty chair seductively, angling her heeled legs straight, lace covered bosom pushed forward as red nails twirled the long black hair, then mindlessly letting out pheromones enough to bring down an army of alphas to their knees.

"you psychopathic bitch--" jungkook snarls as his head plops back onto the blood stained pillow reclined against his back, coughing as words push out forcefully off his throat.

ayami laughs, pleased with herself.

"come on now, dont be mean. look i dressed up for you-" ayami chimes, twirling in her heels to show a 360 of her lingerie.

jungkook stares at the cracked ceiling trying to take less painful breaths.

jungkook heard another whine of his name before ayami again comes in his field of vision.