74. UKIYO

like the cycle of life, just like how new blooms arise from soiled ash, taehyung grew- flourishing into something so beautiful, it was a joy to anyones eyes.

after finally managing to get himself into the university, taehyungs studies were back on track. he just needed a few more months to write the papers he missed anyway, before he can explore the world of art like he always wanted to.

it was not just taehyung,
even jimin, hoseok and yoongi found themselves achieving everything they wanted,

with jimin who is working towards his dream of being a professor, a field he believes needs more omega representation, whereas hoseok working towards his forever dream of opening a dance studio,

and yoongi who is secretly a rising artist in soundcloud ofcourse decided to follow his unending passion for rap and music.

but there was one person who was still left in the backdrop,
because self-forgiveness,
that didn't come easy to jungkook.

the iron cage that now suffocated his heart was hidden from outsiders eyes, for as always the alpha woke up, made cute breakfast for taehyung as the omega would always be tired from studying all night or would be hurrying to leave for university.

he was as always an ideal father and gave his pups his all, and on weekends he reviews the reports he gets from starlight and give pointers, while his identity still remained hidden.

he functioned.
but was he okay?
the answer is no.

behind the eyes that now lost all malice, hands that doubts every action he does, the once confident man was nothing more than a stone melting under the lava of guilt and remorse.

under the nightmares that plague him and the teary eyes of taehyung he sees behind closed eyes, jungkook struggled alone, so lost in the new life that laid like a curse infront of him.

as everyone around him progressed, jungkook struggled through the days that felt too repetitive now, his pups being his only joy.

sure he has unending money.
but the jungkook of now knows that cant get him all.

too clueless on how to rectify his mistakes, the alpha finds victory in every smile he can get out of taehyung.

its the simple things- be it another gift or a cooked meal he put hours of work into or its something meaningful.

like once taehyung put forward the idea of donating the clothes that the babies grew out of and jungkook was fully supportive.
one weekend as the omega spend his free time cuddling the pups, jungkook took the initiative to take their donations to the nearest orphanage.

but once the alpha reached there and saw all the little faces that never got to experience the love of a parent like he himself, the alpha came back another day with taehyung,
but this time with clothes and toys enough for all, as well as signing checks to make sure the kids can have better accommodation and education.

that day, as taehyung gazed at him with glistening appreciative eyes, jungkook felt the cage around his heart slowly start to erode,

and that day jungkook realized that brooding over the past wont rectify anything that had happened.

yes, he hurt many,
moreover he had hurt himself too.

so, his forgiveness starts with an apology for himself, for he cant cherish another while being a hostage of his own past.

so its self-forgiveness- again and again and again, until he finds his peace.

□□□

today, the morning was busy for jeon household.