26. HATE

a sense of relief washed over yoongi just as his eyes found his apartment.

he had walked the too long distance here just because he needed time to think- time to clear his mind.

after punching in the code and toying off the shoes, his senses picked up faint sounds coming from the kitchen as well as the smell of cooking.

the beta was quite surprised at it- partly he expected hoseok to be brooding until they have a proper talk.

when his own tired legs took him towards the kitchen, already yearning for his alphas warmth and scent, the first figure he came across was jimin.

the omega was hunched on the kitchen stool, bundled in an yellow blanket, lightly shivering as his pouty face watched hoseok who was standing by the stove.

when jimins eyes noticed yoongi by the door, he let out a loud sneeze before sniffling again, rubbing at his button nose.

"--the heck happened to you?" yoongi's voice was part confusion and irritation.

"he tried to turn himself into a popsicle" hoseoks voice came through. the alpha had noticed the betas presence by the faintest of the scents.

yoongi stood their with a neutral face for a moment.
he was far tired to question anything as his body moved in autopilot towards hoseoks warmth.

the alphas body neither tensed nor push him away when his lover back-hugged him, rather both their bodies sagged as if like the first flow of water into a barren land.
its a plain truth that both of them cant surive without each other- thats how they find solace in this world- their love was far too deep to be simply ripped away.

"i met hyungnim" it kind of broke out of yoongi's tongue, he couldn't hold it in anymore.

"everything alright?" hoseok tentatively asks.

"i hope so." yoongi simply says. it was clear that yoongi didn't want to share much on that particular topic and hoseok didn't prod. somethings are just better staying as a secret- especially when it comes to their line of work.

"go take a shower. you stink" the alpha then said and yoongi smiled into the others shoulder.

"i will wait for you" that was yoongi's cue for the other, silently telling him to find him later, that they need to talk.

hoseok nodded and yoongi walked away, ruffling jimins hair on his way. the omega was too tired to pull away so he grunted to show his displeasure.

□□□

when jungkook was still young and innocent, he always loved watching his hyung get ready each morning.

seokjin was impeccable- even at the mere age of fifteen he used to dress himself to the finest and accompany his father to the meetings, that hardened look already blossoming on his face.

there was a precision in everything seokjin did,
little jungkook would pad out of his room every morning and seat himself on seokjins bed. he would watch with wonder the way seokjin would slick out his hair, smooth out his tux and wear the bow ties.

now as he had grown up to be of equal importance as his hyung, jungkook far earlier adapted most of seokjins characters,
especially the way he present himself.

he now knows how to dress himself pristine without even a single fiber out of place,
he knows how to carry out meetings, how to strike out deals and how to make them turn to his own wimps.
jungkook knows how to make them tremble with a single look.
he knows how to handle power.