28. MIRAGE

taehyung decided to go with linen today.

though he isn't a big fan of the dirty white color, sadly thats the only trousers he has left that would fit his seemingly widening hips and thighs.

"maybe i should have ordered the clothes a size or two ahead" he was internally lamenting at the way the majority of the clothes he purchased online doesn't fit him anymore.

the omega still had his head pocked inside his small part of the walk in closet, trying to find any top to go by the flowy bottom.
thankfully he managed to salvage a similar beige crop top amidst the pile of sweaters he now owns.

heaving out a deep sigh, he turned around only to come to face with a very broad muscular back.

now, taehyung had barely ever got the pleasure to see jungkook with lack of clothing; like when he walks out of shower with a towel wrapped around his hips after he forgets to take his clothes with him.
even when the alpha used to fuck him, jungkook preferred his clothes to be on most of the times.

so its kind of like a clash for taehyungs brain everytime he sees jungkooks bare skin.
jungkook was busy choosing the shade of black he would be wearing today to work, while the omegas eyes briefly flitted on the eagle wings tattoo that draped from the others shoulder down to the top of his spine, before taehyung shimmied out of the narrow closet.

he shook his head to get rid of the alphas musky scent that seems to cloud him, courtesy of the pregnant omega senses that constantly weep for his alpha, taehyung bounds to the bathroom to get ready before jungkook decides to leave without him.

he took a quick shower, then working himself into the clothes, a hurried combing through the hair and securing few strands with a bobby pin- he was ready for the day.

he waits by the door and shuffles after the alpha who doesn't even glance after him, too busy talking on his phone to care about anything else.

the drive to starlight felt too short considering how hazardously jungkook drives; its as if he is trying to save every second to work more.

the alpha who had steadily ignored his presence as of till now had a hand on the small of taehyungs back as he steered him into the building.

every single person they pass by would bow a ninety towards jungkook and then will take a surprised glance at taehyung. the omega would inturn offer a wry smile and sometimes a small " 'morning" or "hi" squeaked out at the multiple heads curiously peeking out of the cabins.

much unsurprisingly, there wasn't anything interesting about being in jungkooks office.

it was a mix of blands, greys and whites, too much files, cupboards, charts and couches facing the glass wall that had a view of the city.

the couches were his favorite spot so far.

taehyung had dragged one spongy cushion to the floor, closer to the window; occasionally taking glances back to see if jungkook is displeased. but turns out the alpha was far too busy to care.

so taehyung sat his bum on the cushion and stared out at the street where tiny humans were going about with their life, then the sky and the numerous immobile buildings.

occasionally he glances back at the alpha; jungkook had taken his coat off, it neatly drapped on the chair now as he read files or attended online meetings.
sometimes employees or his assistant would come inside with files to be verified, only to get harshly screamed at the face.
taehyung pitied them; they must be in that much need of money to be working under jeons like this.

when the omega got bored of the view outside, he stood up and paddled around the room.
his nesting instincts were over the roof, possibly because his omega is now anticipating for two pups; everything misplaced would irk him.