25. LILAC

it must be a dream.

its vivid in the edges, a sort of yellowy texture- strangely there is sound of ocean waves in his left ear and sand in the palm of his hands.

taehyung sees his mother, she as beautiful as he remember her to be.
she was bundled in her favorite white coat- "it must be too warm for the weather", he thinks.
but what caught taehyungs attention was her eyes- it was brimming with tears.

suddenly his vision blurred; he no longer hears ocean waves, rather a thunderstorm. in the sudden blueness, he again searches for his mother but she was nowhere to be seen,
instead there was her white coat, but it wasn't pure white anymore, rather stained crimson red.

"you must survive, taehyung-ah"
he hears it like an echo in his head.

taehyung had woken up with a jolt, sweat clinging to his skin and a helpless whimper torn out of his parched throat.
he felt the smoothness of the nest under his fingertips, the drag of the mesh on his skin and warm morning sunlight on his face.

"it was just a dream" he tells himself, head drooped down and taking in a shallow breath.

once the bleakness of his mind dissolved away, taehyung shakily stood off the bed, navigating himself through the empty floor to get himself water to drink.

he was unsettled, his mind felt icy and the emptiness of the apartment wasn't helping.

taehyung found the jug of water in the round table alongwith his prepared breakfast. the omega first went for the water, gulping it down hurriedly, then heaving out breaths, sniffling, tired eyes a picture of melancholy.

even if its just the morning, he knew this day, being alone is going to be hard for him especially since he woke up with such a sour mood.

taehyung lifted up the lid of the breakfast tray only to see the plate with the usual things- greens, nuts, raw vegetables, fruits, meat bits... the same everyday as per the calories the doctor had wrote for him.
on any other day he would have ate it without a complaint, but today it only angered him more.

it was with a loud clatter that the lid of the tray fell down when taehyung pushed away the plate, him then angrily huffing as he stormed back to the bedroom.

he felt uncharacteristically drowned in emotions, wonders if its a pregnancy thing because right now he sure was angry enough to strangle a person.

so after taking a shower and change of clothes taehyung buried himself into the nest again, breakfast long forgotten eventhough his stomach was grumbling in protest for the same.

hours ticked by.

taehyung was still in his nest, long lost in thoughts. his mind spirals to yesterday's events; he still gets chills.
and along those line of thoughts he remembers glimpses of the taste of champagne and jungkook on his lips.

can that be considered as a kiss? taehyung wonders. it unsettles him further because jungkook and taehyung had never shared a kiss expect for the chaste one at their wedding.
a kiss always felt too intimate for the omega. and jungkook had just did that infront of everyone as if its a winners prize.

somewhere around noon, the maids had came with his lunch. they were quite surprised to see the breakfast plate untouched and one of them had came upto knock at the bedroom door asking if everything is alright.

taehyung had hissed out a "i'm tired of eating grass. i want real food" followed by more murmurings and growls, alongwith his unpleasant pheromones stinking up the place; the maids had quietly excused themselves away at it.