70. WARM

for the first four days, jungkook is barely aware of his surroundings.

all he know is he had a surgery, everything aches and when his winces turns more often, someone will come and crank up his pain meds.

it was hell for initial days for he gets nightmares; scenarios of him getting killed or it being the pups or taehyung, them getting taken away from him; everything that involves jungkook ending up lonely.

he twitches in his sleep, bleary eyes opening just enough for him to make himself believe that all of it was just a nightmare.

either way, in consciousness or sleep, he is still alone in the confinement of white walls.

even after escaping the torture and the cold, it felt like it followed him to here.
he sees the color of cold everywhere, it burning blue in his mind and outside the lone tinted window.

that seems to really get to the alpha, because he growls and rumbles when the unknown doctors or nurses enter into his room- at the end all the omega staffs were re assigned because the tattooed alpha and his scent was making them uncomfortable.

however the fifth day, hoseok and yoongi visits.
even if jungkook cant talk much, they assure him that they have taken care of everything at the company, that even seokjin is keeping an eye on all and that he should only worry about getting better.

jungkook gives them a smile, it nothing more than a twitch of his lips as he fights exhaustion, but his eyes still kept on staring back at the door, hoping for that three faces he dearly misses but never visits.

at the end of one week mark, jungkook could sit up and recline on the bed, thanks to his alpha genetics and healthy body, he was recovering rather fast.

throughout the days, there really was nothing for him to do than think, afterall he's got lot of mess to clear up.

firstly he was dead to whole of the world, and he really cant go back to korea unless get caught in the middle of a bigger chaos with media and police on his tail.
and then there is seokjin, who gave him a call and confused him further,
"maybe this was all for good, kook-ah. i think its high time you focus more on yourself"
jungkook really doesn't even know how that will work out.

the eighth day, yoongi and hoseok visits again this time with a tub of home made food for which the alpha was really grateful for because hospital food really sucks.

"--i never really thought taehyung would come for me" jungkook sometime says munching on a pickled radish.

"actually, hyungnim had to try really hard to convince him" hoseok inputed.

"then he agreed in return for a favor-- that hyungnim should help him get everything ready to complete his studies here" yoongi completes.

jungkook glares into the soup bowl in his lap.

"still, he came for me" jungkook said, more to himself, a barely there smile on his face as he takes a spoonful.

hoseok and yoongi shares an understanding look.

before the couples left, they had given him a new phone with all security systems installed so was all the important numbers.

jungkook didn't spare a minute before sending a text to taehyung.

me:
when are you visiting?
i miss the pups

taehyung:
cant make it.
i'm a bit busy.
you'll be discharged soon anyway.

me:
what about my kiss?

jungkook was left on read.

well there goes that.