47. TRUTH

if one goes down the lineage of blood and murder and the mafia rulers of korea, no one can find the jeons there.

instead it was the ring of the kims.

the kims were in the business for decades, probably a century- the empire being handed over to their alpha sons and daughters, basically no hard work or perseverance,
instead spolied brats born onto riches and splurge the same while standing on pools of innocent blood.

and that was when the jeons came in.

the master jeon- a boy who lived among the garbage bins and then turned into a man who built the entire jeon jopok through his cunning mind and intelligent brain- an empire that grew so big enough to overthrow the kims and rise to the top.

the master jeon however was as human as he was a monster; he fell in love with a waitress like the good old films and had two beautiful baby boys and life was good, if not the best for him.

but it wasn't all perfect because there was only so much violence a mere man from humble beginnings can take.

and one grey day, the master jeon and his beloved wife had dissappeared without a trace.
there were many theories and even more assumptions on what had happened to them, but the empire soon found its footing under the fierce stare of the eldest jeon and people soon ovecame the past.

but there are still some who are stuck there in the past.

just two precisely,

the two jeon sons.

no matter how much they say to themselves that it doesn't matter, it was just a lie they told themselves to survive the abrupt transition from the once carefree boys to handling the weight of an empire, blood and murder on their very shoulders the next day.

maybe thats why they went out looking for answers.
just to quench the curiosity of their heart and grieve; both the death of their father and a mother they lost.

and that exactly could be the reason why jungkook had his trusted men go after answers; to start off from where seokjin left.

oh and he isn't even surprised with the answers he got.

who wouldn't have had a hand in it, if not for their biggest enemies?

anger like hot fire seered in his veins as soon as he got the call from his men, and anger does make you do irrational things;
like barging into the kim mansion gates or more like smashing his mercedes into the iron gates of kim mansion with no care for anything.

kim men with their guns out had rushed out from every possible doors at the commotions including the one and only kim kyungjae, whose furrowed eyebrows turned to a lazy smirk at the sight of the snarling jeon alpha.

"well well, isn't that my dear son in law-" the man drawled as jungkook stalked forward, fisting kyungjae by the collars with eyes flashing red.

the kim mafia leader was unbothered as ever, waving off his men who had started to move forward to help him.

"why don't we move this to my office and talk like civil men, jeon?" the man smirked and a rational part of jungkook knew him acting out of control isn't the best option right now.
afterall, he has a lot more to find out.

it was his first time inside the kim mansion- it dripping with grandeur from the high chandliers to the woodcarvings, as much showy as it gets.

"you know why i am here, kim" jungkooks voice was laced with venom, it only seemed to amuse his spectator.

"hm- i can think of a few things that i have did that can make you growling like a pup. so be specific, jeon" kyungjae remarked.

"what had happened to my parents?!" a poor chair that flew to hit the wall was the victim of jungkooks anger.