63. WRONGS

it took barely a week for jungkook to crack.

it was on a sudden whim, now with no mafia works for him to look into, the weekend had looked rather dull; so thats exactly how a phone call later he was boarding his private jet to japan.

jungkook drove the car through the chilly friday evening, a new excitement and anticipation in his veins, and a small rarest of rarest smile on his lips as he drove upto the familiar house.

with just a single bag of hastily packed things in his hands, he had knocked on the door.

there were light footsteps from within and a minute later the door opened cautiously. taehyung looked startled by jungkooks unannounced appearance, the omega wearing a washed out beige tshirt and shorts, his now blonde hair in a messy apple.

"oh" he blinked with a wry smile and jungkook invited himself in to the warmth of the house.

"everything going on okay?"

"yes-" taehyung nods, then trails after,
"the pups are in the second room" he adds.

jungkook hums, depositing his bag by the couch then washing his hands by the dining room sink before making a beeline to the said room.

he could hear the soft coos from the door itself, the pups mesmerized by the little stars on crib mobiles, now them squealing, one with a elephant soft toy in his mouth.

the big eyes turned towards jungkook when he stopped by the crib, the pups eyes now curious recognizing the scent.

"hello!" jungkook smiles, hands gentle as it smoothed over both of the pups head, the itch in him dying down with each inhale of the milky scents.

"i know-- appa missed you both too" the alpha laughed when the squealing increased.

eventually he reluctantly moved away.
"i will go take a quick shower" jungkook says to taehyung who was silently watching the interaction, before the alpha dissappeared to one of the empty rooms.

his footsteps echoed when jungkook entered the guest room, him taking a pair of comfy clothes from his bags.
as he passed to move towards the washrooms, his steps abruptly stopped.

jungkook took a step back and then glanced at the mirror infront of him.
his fingers traced his own face, specifically at the smile lines on his face from where he was still grinning.

oh

he is smiling.

jungkook cant remember the last time he was genuinely this happy.
hm he could get used to this.

after the shower, jungkook had a quick meal, leftover kimchi stew from earlier when taehyung had cooked for jimin before the omega had moved to the college dorms that morning.

and then as darkness faded on, taehyung tidied up the place and put the baby clothes for laundry as jungkook stayed in the nursery and entertained the pups.

as the omega folded the little clothes and onesies he cant help but worry, no matter how much he try to suppress the ugly quelling.
taehyung swears whenever he hears one of the pups make a noise or jungkooks voice getting a tad louder, his hands would freeze, then listening intently until he can hear the giggles again.

"no-- he wont hurt them" taehyung would whisper to himself, leveling his breathing down.

maybe he was more at easy before since jimin, hoseok and yoongi was with them. now alone with the alpha who had hurt him countless times, he cant help but be afraid and unsure.

as the night progressed taehyung had all the dry clothes folded, had his own fill of dinner and had fed the pups.
as the omega burped the alpha pup, jungkook took the little omega from the crib and copied to do the same.
and today jungkook was the lucky one grazed with the spit ups, the alpha grimacing as the vomited milk stained his tshirt.